I’ve made no secret of my age (my weight, yes—my age, no), and oh, the 80’s were great fun for me. (Reminisces…). Here’s your chance to show your love of the decade of big hair and big shoulder pads.*
Yes, there are wonderful prizes to be had for the winners…(and there will be at least two).
Now, Googling any answer would be cheating, and we all know that’s not allowed on the Playground. By entering, you are pinky-swearing, cross-your-heart-and-hope-to-die promising that you did this all honestly.
Comments can go in the comments column, but quiz answers need to be sent to me: email@example.com.
Here we go...
Name the Song and Artist:
1. “I don’t feel tardy.”
2. “I smell like I sound.”
3. “Do you take sugar? One lump or two?”
4. “I wanna tell her that I love her but the point is prob’ly moot.”
5. “Suckin’ on chili dogs outside the Tastee Freeze.”
6. “There’s a world outside your window, and it’s a world of dread and fear.”
Slightly tougher questions…
7. Name at least one movie starring both of the Coreys.
8. “I want (WHO) in charge of me.” (Bonus points for naming the actor.)
9. Name the couple who’s Livin’ on a Prayer.
10. Who is “Learning about Cuba. Eating some food?”
11. “The grass is green and the girls are pretty...” Where?
12. “They call us Problem Child, We spend our lives on trial, We walk an endless mile.” Who are we?
13. In 1982, who was Billy Idol dancing with?
14. “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.” What's the word and where is the quote from?
15. Gene Kelly, Olivia Newton-John and ELO. What do these three things have in common?
16. Name at least three members of the Brat Pack.
17. Name two Brat Pack movies.
18. According to Howard Jones, who is to blame?
Extra super bonus point question (and possible tie-breaking question):
Explain this lyric to me…please:
“The Reflex is a lonely child, who’s waiting by the park.
The Reflex is in charge of finding treasure in the dark.
Watching over lucky clover, isn't that bizzare?”
It’s my quiz, so my decisions could be completely arbitrary and still totally binding. Entries must be in my mailbox by 7pm CST. Answers and winners (and commentary) will be up later in the evening.
Like, totally have fun.
(The Playfriends and Rhonda are not eligible to win, but I think they should have to enter just for bragging rights…)
*And if y’all are really good, I’ll post the picture of PC and Counselor Shelley that has both.