Saturday, January 13, 2007

Break a leg


I'm blogging from the Embassy Suites hotel in beautiful downtown Huntsville because last week the DH won a big prize package that included a night in the hotel, a couples massage, dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and tickets to the opening night of a Broadway touring company of "The Producers."

We checked in yesterday after lunch, had our massage, got cleaned up and went for dinner. Oh. My. God! The food is heavenly and the service is grand. I had lamb chops, he had a ribeye and we shared bread pudding with whiskey sauce.

Then we went to the show. The basic premise is that a down-and-out Broadway producer and a shy accountant realize they can make more money with a flop than a hit. So the show details their search for the worst play ever written, the worst director and the worst actors.

It was such fun! And did I mention we were invited to the cast party afterward? That was fun too, especially since the DH met the actress he'll be onstage with.

Oh... did I forget to tell you that part of the prize package was a walk-on role in tonight's show and 6 more tickets so his friends could see him? When the curtain goes up tonight, he'll be backstage in the tux they rented for him and I'll be in the audience with 3 of the Playfriends and 1 of the mavens plus a couple we've been friends with for a number of years. We'll be cheering wildly when he makes his "Broadway" debut.

We'll report later about his part, how he did and our after-the-show get-together at the hotel.

Until then, have a great day. And I need to remember to tell him to "Break a leg!"

7 comments:

catslady said...

Sounds marvelous. How did he win? inquiring minds want to know lol.

Katherine Bone said...

Have an awesome night! Tell your DH to bring the house down and have a spectacular time!

Kathy

tetewa said...

Wow you are so lucky! Hope you have a great time tonight. I've always wanted to see The Producers. Love going to see plays. I took my mom to see The Phantom of the Opera last week. It was her Christmas present from me. We had a great time as I know you will tonight.

Meljprincess said...

What a fabulous prize! How exciting!
I just watched "The Producers" on one of the movie channels. It's excellent! I love anything by Mel Brooks. Oh, I laughed and laughed...
Yes, lol, don't forget to tell your DH to "Break a leg!"

Problem Child said...

I was a great show! I laughed so much.

PM's DH did great with his part and looked very handsome in his tux.

Dinner with SP and Maven LJ. A show. Drinks afterwards with one of the cast members. What a great night--even if I didn't make it to bed until 1am.

Roberta said...

Jolly good show!

Vonda Sinclair said...

Wow! That's cool!