Friday, March 02, 2012

Good Things Also Come in Moderately-Sized Packages



They're here! They're here, they're here, they're here. My author copies arrived.


The last few weeks have been agonizing. Knowing they're coming soon, but finding my porch empty night after night. Then I went out of town. Of course they would arrive while I was gone!


Fortunately, they came the day I was driving back, so I only had to wait a few hours to hold my baby in my hand.


Everyone has asked how it was. The answer... weird. I'd nearly worked myself into tears before they arrived, imagining how amazing it would be to hold one for the first time. As I sliced into the tape and pulled out the first copy, it was just kind of surreal. Maybe I got all my excitement out of the way when DB called to say it arrived and I shrieked so loudly, I deafened him, Angel and PM.




When I finally picked it up, there was just a weird curiosity. What blurb did they pick out of the book? Who's advertised in the back? Did my dedication come out right? Does my Dear Reader letter still sound as cool as it did when I wrote it? Flipping through it and noticing how small the margins are... I think it may still be sinking in, days later. I sent a tweet to my editor that said having it in my hand meant Harlequin couldn't change their minds, now. She laughed and told me there was no way they'd change their mind. But a part of me had really held back some of the thrill of selling until now.


It's real. Really real. And it's awesome.


Since everyone got their whine on yesterday, let's swing to the other end of the spectrum. March is here, spring is on it's way. What are you looking forward to? I can't wait for my release day and getting to see my next cover for my July book, More Than He Expected.


SP

4 comments:

Natalija said...

Congrats! Can't wait to read it. I'm simply looking forward spring. It's beautiful in Italy when all the almond and magnolia trees are blooming.

Playground Monitor said...

Squeeeeeeeeeee! Can't wait to get my very own copy.

I'm looking forward to REAL spring, not this faux spring that fools the flowers and trees into blooming and then whaps us with tornadoes because it's not supposed to be this warm and the cold air comes rushing in. It's supposed to get up to 78 today and then we're supposed to have storms later. ~sigh~

Laurie G said...

Exciting! Best wishes!

My 4 children are all coming down to Florida with their mates for spring break! My little almost 4 month old granddaughter too!

Angel said...

Sorry!!! Yesterday was a bit hectic! Right now, I'm glad to be alive and have a house to come home to. :P

I can't wait to see the actual book! The pics are so pretty. I love that cover!