Thursday, June 30, 2011

I Heart New York

By now conference is in full swing and I'm likely sleep deprived. I'm not sure how it happened, but somehow in the last few weeks my days have become completely booked. This was supposed to be an easy conference but...not so much.

While I'm very excited to see my editor and agent (I only see them once a year), I have to admit that I'm looking forward to something more this year. Thanks to the wonderful Barbara Vey at Beyond Her Book, I'm attending a taping of the Colbert Report.

I'm a huge Stephen Colbert fan! And have been since his days on the Daily Show. I watch the show every night and have to admit that all of my political news comes from Comedy Central. I know I should probably feel guilty about that but I don't. I can't wait to report on how the taping went when we get back.

In the meantime, is there a show that you've always wanted to visit? A celebrity you've always wanted to meet? Who would you hope to run into on the streets of NY?

Instigator

P.S. PM's winner from yesterday's game is Renee. Send your full name and snail mail info to her to claim your prize.

3 comments:

Playground Monitor said...

I have to admit most of what I watch is series TV, so going to a taping wouldn't be as much fun as a show like Colbert. My daughter-in-law interned on the Conan O'Brian show at NBC and loved it. She's also been to SNL a couple times.

Who'd I like to run into on the sidewalk? Oh, the list is just too long. LOL!

robertsonreads said...

I would love to meet Linda Howard and Susan Elizabeth Phillips.

Regarding tv shows, any of the detectives on The First 48 hours, crew on Manhunters, Chase or Human Target.

Angel said...

One of the wonderful benefits is meeting all these great authors. And many of them I've actually got to sit down and have genuine conversations with! I'd still love to meet Larissa Ione and Lori Foster.

From television: Nick Stokes from CSI (can't remember his real life name), also the guy who played Grissom. Hmmm... I'm sure there is more, but I can't remember right now. :)

Angel