Wednesday, June 29, 2011

And I'm not in the city that never sleeps



It's quiet around the Playground this week because PC, Insti and SP are all in New York City attending the RWA conference. It didn't work out for me to go this year, and while I'm okay with not being there, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it. The conference is a chance to learn and rub elbows with industry professionals. It's also a chance to see writing friends who live all over the world. I figured out once that the sun hardly sets on my circle of romance writing friends.

Next year's conference will be in Anaheim, California, and I'm sure hoping to be there.

So since it's so quiet here, I thought we could play a game -- a romance author name game.

I'll name a romance author and the next person names one whose first name begins with the last letter of the previous name.

Example: I name Nora Roberts. The next person names Sharon Sala.

Now it's your turn. You must name a romance author whose first name starts with "A."

Let's see how long we can keep this going.

And one randomly selected commenter will win a book from my stash. :-)

Ready, set, go!

22 comments:

PM's Mother said...

Andrea Laurence

Angel said...

Ah, somebody beat me to it!!!

Eileen Dreyer (I had to search on the RWA website. E is hard!)

Angel

Scarlet Wilson said...

Rachel Bailey - writes for Desire!!

Laurie G said...

C =Catherine Coulter

I wasn't sure if we were doing first or last names?

Playground Monitor said...

We got a little off here. So I'll get us back on course.

Sharon Sala ends in A. My mom then used Andrea Laurence. That ends in E and Angel used Eileen Dreyer. That ends in R and Scarlet said Rachel Bailey. That ends in Y and I'll use Yvonne Whittal, who wrote for Mills & Boon from 1975 to 1992.

Now someone use an author whose first name begins with L (and try not to use one whose last name begins with Y because I can only come up with one other Y name and that author's last name ends with Y and then we'll be stuck).

So... L anyone?

CrystalGB said...

Linda Lael Miller

Vanessa Lyle said...

Roxanne St. Claire

Anonymous said...

Eloisa James
Sandra Hill

and now my favorite

Linda Howard!

No need to enter me. I have more books than I can read now.

Renee

robertsonreads said...

Deirdre Martin

Nancy Warren

catslady said...

Nora Roberts L)

catslady said...

okay that was suppose to end :)

chey said...

Sandra Brown

Sheryl M said...

Nicole Jordan

Jane said...

Nalini Singh

runner10 said...

Harlan Coben

runner10 said...

Heather Allison.
I'm sorry--romance writers!!

Jane said...

Nina Bangs

Unknown said...

Susan Wiggs

Anonymous said...

Cool hope still time to enter lol Amy fetzer
Kim h

Laurie G said...

I got it off track last time sorry! Guess I wasn't wide awake.

Susan Wiggs ends in s so

I'm saying Sandra Blair,

R=Robyn Dehart
T=Tiffany Clare

E anyone?

Jane said...

Eloisa James

Pam Asberry said...

Sandra Elzie

Playground Monitor, I can't find your contact info anywhere, but I saw your comment on Carol Burnside's interview today and WE NEED TO TALK! Please email me! :-)