Thursday, June 02, 2011

Summer Here We Come!

Summer is here!!! Can you hear the excitement in my voice? For me this means I get to sleep in an extra 10 to 15 minutes every morning because I don't have to get up and make the girls lunches. It means trips to the local water park (we bought season passes for the first time this year). Picnics, watermelon, grilling out, hearing the girls giggle as they run through the sprinkler.

Sure, it also means summer thunderstorms, mosquitoes, sunburns (yes, I've already gotten my first of the season), hurricanes and heat advisories (which we have today). But, it's all worth it. This time of year is more laid back. No homework to worry about when we get home, instead I get to spend the time with my family.

What are you looking forward to most this summer? Any traditions you have? Do you plant a garden? Visit the beach?

Instigator

P.S. The girls and I picked up their report cards this morning. I'm happy to report that both of them made the A honor roll for the entire year. I'm so proud of them!

5 comments:

robertsonreads said...

Good girls, what a way to start your summer, great report cards.

I look forward to flex time, work 4 days, off 3. More time to work making my house into my home. I don't have to "dress" as formal as I normally do. I look forward to having more time to ride my bicycle (good exercise), reading and enjoying family. Also, at the end of June my son is coming back to the East coast, from San Diego, so I might get to go see him at Camp Lejune. And said son is getting married at the end of July, so I have a lot to look forward to this summer.

Christine said...

Congratulations on the fabulous grades to your girls! Way to go. We are planning a bit of a low key summer (low key for us) due to recent health issues. But we are making our annual trek up to D.C. to see friends again. And then I go to Nationals (yay!). We'll stay in VA till the 5th and come back with an extra teen, daughter 2 (D2). The teens will hang and be teens while I get back to my writing.

Other than a few college tours and maybe a trip to the beach, we're chillin'!

Problem Child said...

My calendar looks remarkably full already. I'm already panicking about the conference!!

I don't see a beach trip in my summer plans, unfortunately, but I'm hoping for a smaller getaway!

Playground Monitor said...

I'm going to the beach with both my sons, my DIL and my granddaughter. It's where my mother and sister live, so I'll have my whole family together. I can't wait! And in August, my mom and I are going to a family reunion in North Carolina where I also plan to re-connect with a college friend and visit a high school pal.

I looked at my calendar and I swear my whole summer is just one thing after another. But there's a lot of fun in all those things.

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

Congratulations on your son's move and marriage, Robertsonreads!

I wish I could fit a trip to the beach into the schedule, too. But it ain't happening. :-)

Instigator