Wednesday, May 18, 2011

American Idle


I don't think it's news to anyone that I'm a fan of American Idol. I like music. Always have. Took lessons as a kid and played piano regularly up until a few years ago. I think I stopped playing when I started writing. There's probably some weird connection there, but I don't care enough to research it.

Anyway, we're down to the final three contestants on American Idol tonight and I'm probably not going to watch, much less vote. Yeah, yeah, I know it's a contest where American gets to choose, but all the cell phone companies should cut off service to pre-teen girls during that two-hour voting block every week.

The finalists are good, but to me they don't offer anything that hasn't already been done. There are plenty of great country artists and singers like Adele and Lady Gaga.


Now, it's also no secret I was a big Paul McDonald fan. He is the hometown boy. And I LOVED the suit. Even the Sweet Potato Queens say everyone should have a little Porter Waggoner in the wardrobe. I was upset he was voted off, but I think he'll find his feet and have a music career of some sort. I do know for a fact his parents are throwing their support behind Lauren Alaina, the girl from Georgia.

Everything is coming to season's end on TV. Dancing with the Stars will award the mirror ball trophy next week. Desperate Housewives had a two-hour finale Sunday night. Castle left us all gasping for breath Monday night. (Can you believe it??? Rick said "the words"!) Mid-season replacement Body of Proof ended last night. Criminal Minds and Law and Order: SVU have finales tonight.

Looks like my DVR will be idle for a while. But wait! The Closer's final season begins in July. And I'm hoping maybe Covert Affairs and Rizolli and Isles might reappear over the summer. And who knows what new crime drama the networks might have up their sleeves for us.

Gonna watch Idol tonight? Missing anything already? Tell me about it.

7 comments:

Maven Linda said...

Nope, no Idol for me tonight. When James left, that was it for me. I really don't care about the three who are left. They're all talented kids, I wish them well, but I have no interest in them.

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

The only show I've been watching that is ending is America's Next Top Model (this season hasn't really interested me, though) and Glee has one episode left, but I'm four behind on the DVR. For some reason, when shows go on hiatus, even my favorites, I lose interest.

I don't like the pressure of shows I have to watch week after week. I prefer the stand alone ones. I'll just stick with shows on History International, myself.

Problem Child said...

I've never been an Idol fan. I may have watched the show once.

So You Think You Can Dance starts next week, though!!

Alicia Hunter Pace (aka Jean Hovey and Stephanie Jones) said...

No. I don't watch it. I watch too much already and I just can't add reality shows in. I watched Hell's Kitchen a few seasons when it was on in the summer but I got tired of him yelling the same insults about the same things to different people.

Donna B. said...

Love the Closer so looking forward to that too and White Collar if it's back. I'll miss my weekly laugh from Big Bang Theory and favorite UST dramedy Castle, and I'll permanently miss Smallville. Up, up and away CK.

Unknown said...

Yeap I will watch Idol tonight but was not happy last week when they got rid of James he had talent. I thought Haley should have been the one to leave last week. I do like Scotty and Lauren though.

Boy Castle really left of hanging for the season. Can't wait until next season.

Angel said...

I'm not an Idol fan either, though I keep up to date on it from the other girls in my office. They are rabid Idol fans. :)

I'm going to miss Castle, CSI, and Criminal Minds. I'm also going to miss those rare nights of the week that the hubby lets me have the remote to catch up on my DVRd shows. Ah, so much to look forward to in the fall.

Angel