Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Aftermath


Sorry for my tardiness, y'all. With all the craziness of the past few days, it's taking a while for me to figure out what day it is.

The tornadoes that tore through Alabama missed the Playfriends (although often by the "too close for comfort" margin), but so many in the Southeast are suffering the loss of loved ones or property. Power still hasn't been fully restored to the area. Please keep those folks in your thoughts and prayers, and if you'd like to help, the Red Cross is always an option. They are here operating shelters and helping with the many needs in the area.

We know we owe you some news of contest winners and such, and that's on the to-do list, I promise!

I did get a bit of good news on Saturday -- my October book, Boardroom Rivals, Bedroom Fireworks! won the NEC Readers' Choice Bean Pot award! I'm quite tickled. I understand that I'll get an actual bean pot as the trophy, and I'm quite keen to see what one looks like in person. It's being mailed to me, so I'll post a photo once it arrives.

Please forgive the short post, but I'm still catching up. We hope to have the Playground up to full speed very soon!

PC

No comments: