Well, it finally happened. I forgot it was Thursday. I got up this morning. Got the girls dressed, fed, their lunches packed. Dropped Sweet Pea off to school. Ran to the gym to squeeze in 30 minutes. Dropped Baby Girl off to school. Drove to work. Sat down at my computer. And said, "Oh Hell." :-)
So, as you can imagine I have nothing much to say. So I'm going to shamelessly steal an idea from one of our good friends Rhonda Nelson and play a little game. I'm going to list 10 things about me that you might not know. Then I'd like everyone to list some things about themselves that we wouldn't know. There will of course be prizes, mostly because I feel guilty.
1. I come from a HUGE family. My mother is the oldest of 14 children. I have a cousin who is 1 month older than my oldest child. In fact, I have cousins younger than my kids. My youngest aunt is 1 year older than my husband. It makes for loud, interesting family get-togethers.
2. I was in the color guard in high school - you know those people twirling the flags out on the field. I did that because I couldn't play the saxophone and hated the flute.
3. Summer before Senior year I went to Colorado for World Youth Day where catholic high school students from all around the world gathered to listen to the Pope speak.
4. I love camping. As a child we used to camp on Lake Michigan during the summer.
5. I love the ocean but hate getting in the water.
6. I spent my 7th birthday covered in calamine lotion after I contracted swimmer's itch from the lake we had rented a cabin on. It was not fun.
7. When I was five my sister had an allergic reaction to cold medicine and hallucinated snakes everywhere. She was tearing off her clothes, tearing off my clothes, screaming down the hallway. This is why I'm terrified of snakes.
8. When I was eight my brother disappeared. My mother couldn't find him anywhere. She called in the police. Had the residents from the assisted living center behind our house out combing the woods. The neighbors were all called into action. After a couple hours he crawled out from under my parent's bed where he'd decided to play hide and seek (forgetting to tell my mother) and fell asleep. Apparently, he curled up into a shadowed corner and simply blended in when no less than five people checked under that bed.
9. Um, I'm running out of unusual things...my favorite color is green?
10. I wanted to be a ballerina when I was little.
Okay, now it's your turn. Let us get to know you a little better.
P.S. Don't forget that we've started a new contest - Red Hot Reads. You can enter by emailing me at email@example.com Give me your name, email, address, and how you found us for a chance to win a great basket full of books, chocolate and red hot fun.