Sunday, January 22, 2006

The Wait is Over, Part 2

As of Thursday, January 19, 2006, the Darling Geek is a U.S. Citizen with all voting rights therein.

Of course, now that he's one of those "Bloody Americans," what will he call my family when they get out of hand? And how quickly will he kill his brothers when they call him a "Bloody American" for the first time? And now that I can't threaten him with calling the INS and getting his stubborn butt deported, how will the lawn work ever get done?

Repeat after me, Darling Geek: U-S-A! U-S-A!

5 comments:

Playground Monitor said...

Congratulations DG!

Shall we buy him a red, white and blue t-shirt? Or at least a coffee mug that says "I'm a (bloody) American"?

Now that the INS threat won't work, we'll have to help you come up with a new one. *g*

Anonymous said...

In my own defense, I am, in fact, a dual citizen, so I can continue to wear my Scottish flag sweater without fear of retribution. This, of course, means that I can continue to complain about those "bloody Americans". I just have to mingle in a pinch of (humourous) self-deprication. [Yes, I did spell that correctly.]

And, in answer to the original question, I imagine a preemptive strike against my brothers is in order. See... I'm getting the hang of this American thing already!

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

Congratulations DG!!

Threats huh? You could always resort to witholding sex. I've heard it works well. Not that I've ever used it myself but....

Instigator

Problem Child said...

Well, DG, if you keep sticking a 'U' in words like humor we may have to revisit the English portion of your citizenship exam.

And you may want to argue "humourous" but let's talk about deprEcate. Sheesh.

PC

Anonymous said...

That does rather ruin the joke...