Saturday, December 17, 2005

A Christmas Story

Silly me went shopping today and battled long lines and horrendous traffic to get those last few items on the Christmas list. I came back home exhausted and disgusted -- both at myself for going out today and at others who pushed and shoved.

After a relaxing dinner with the DH and some much needed decompression, we headed back out to the Von Braun Astonomical Society planetarium for a program about the Christmas star. It wasn't what I expected, but it was informative and I learned a few things.

On the drive back down the mountain, I spotted something that made me laugh and forget the traffic, the lines, the rude shoppers and the disappointing planetarium show. What did I see?

I saw this!



A genuine "Leg Lamp" straight out of A Christmas Story. Its owner is obviously an aficionado of the movie because it was prominently displayed in the front window for all to see. And before I could quit laughing (and explaining to the DH just what was so funny) I saw another one!

May you all have a great weekend and remember to keep laughing. Laughter is indeed the best medicine.

1 comment:

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

Fraa-gee-lay. It must be French!

I love that movie although ever other person I've ever met groans at the mere mention of watching a few minutes of the 24 hour telethon on TV.

To this day, I still wonder why the fire department didn't pour warm water over that kid's tongue instead of ripping it from the pole.

SP