Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Answers!

It's 12:25 AM but I deliberately pre-dated this so it wouldn't bump Instigator's blog because even though she thought she had nothing to say, I thought she mentioned some pretty good kick-starts for your brain.

Many thanks to all the folks who played the Christmas carol game with me. I've enjoyed your personal emails and the comments to the blog. We hope you'll come back to the Playground again and play some more.

For those of you who asked, here are the answers to the "mixed-up" Christmas carols. And no, I didn't make these up. I wish! My mom sent them to me in the days before email because I have had them in my files for years on a xeroxed piece of paper. Feel free to share them with your friends and let them play along too.

1. Approach everyone who is steadfast. Oh Come All Ye Faithful

2. Ecstasy toward the orb. Joy to the World

3. Listen! The Foretelling spirits harmonize. Hark the Herald Angels Sing

4. Hey, Minuscule urban area southwest of Jerusalem. Oh Little Town of Bethlehem

5. Quiescent Nocturnal period. Silent Night

6. The Autocrat troika originating near the ascent of Apollo. We Three Kings

7. The primary carol. The First Noel

8. Embellish the corridors. Deck the Halls

9. I'm fantasizing concerning a blanched yuletide. I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

10. I apprehended my maternal parent osculating with a corpulent unshaven male in crimson disguise. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus

11. During the time ovine caretakers supervised their charges past midnight. While Shepherds Watched Their Flock by Night

12. The thing manifests itself at the onset of a transparent day. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear

13. 288 Yuletide hours. The 12 Days of Christmas

14. Jovial Yuletide desired for the second person singular or plural by us. We Wish You a Merry Christmas

15. Geographic state of fantasy during the season of mother nature's dormancy. Winter Wonderland

16. Creator, cool it, you kooky cats! God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

17. Valentino, the roseate proboscises wapiti. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

18. The slight percussionist lad. The Little Drummer Boy

19. Father Christmas approaches the metropolis. Santa Claus is Coming to Town

20. Seraphim we aurally detected in the stratosphere. Angels We Have Heard on High

And a great big congratulations to MelJPrincess. Of all the correct entries, hers was the name drawn from my lucky Santa hat to receive the autographed book and wine glass charms.


1 comment:

Meljprincess said...

Wooooooohoooooo! Thank you all so much for the early Christmas gifts. I appreciate them. Happy Holidays.