Monday, November 14, 2011

Yikes! Where's My Brain?




Do you ever have those days when you feel brain dead? Boy, I am SO there! I can’t begin to count all the things I’ve forgotten this week alone – because I’ve forgotten them again! My thoughts are just slogging through some kind of resistance that feels like thick mud.

I thought it was just all the pressure – I work, I have kids, I’m doing NaNo, plus arguing with the phone company every couple of days because they’ve messed up our phone – that’ll take a lot out of ya. And writing so fast! I don’t see how authors who write books in less than two months do it! That is really not something I’m capable of and still able to have a life – and a brain. I can fast draft for a bit, but I can’t maintain the pace.

Last night, I took a nice hot bath, shut down the computer, and piled up in the bed with my Kindle to read. I needed that break. But this morning, I still don’t want to get back into the swing of things. Sometimes I wonder if I should just power through, but then when I finally DO rest, it can be difficult to pry me out of bed (or off the couch) for days. Ugh!

But today, its back to the grindstone. Gotta make up for the words I didn’t write yesterday! And I might just reward myself with more of the book I was reading. What are you rewarding yourself with today?

Angel

Coming Soon!

BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!!! The Playground is celebrating its 6th birthday this Friday! Drop by for the cyber-party and comment to win one of two “birthday presents”. See you then!

Guest Blogger: Tomorrow we welcome Editor Emily Rodwell, who works with Harlequin Love Inspired!

3 comments:

Playground Monitor said...

Reward? My day's so busy there's no room for reward today. Oh, I take that back. I bought 3 new books yesterday and I'm going to start reading one of them. I'll blog more about that on Wednesday -- same bat time, same bat channel. ~grin~

Alicia Hunter Pace (aka Jean Hovey and Stephanie Jones) said...

Nothing. I don't deserve a reward today.

Angel said...

Wow, Jean, that's harsh. Not even a tiny piece of chocolate?!?!

Well, I haven't managed all I wanted to, but I'm on my way. :) I rewarded myself today with a donut... Shhh... don't tell.