Monday, November 07, 2011

Most Wonderful Time of the Year?














FALL!!!



I know the song says Christmas is the happiest season of all, but for me, the favorite part of the year is fall. The kids return to school – hallelujah! The cooler temperatures sweep in, and the countdown to the holidays begins.

Whenever my children start back to school, it feels like the beginning of a new year. Yes, I know that technically the calendar doesn’t change for a few more months, but I just find myself renewing my commitments, creating new schedules, and of course, buying lovely office supplies. (Hint: I’m an office supply addict!) I purchase a new daily calendar book, so I can fill in not just the coming months, but commitments that run through the next year. I usually spend some of my precious alone time before the kids get out of school taking a good long look at my writing and professional goals, evaluating what’s working and what isn’t.

Then there’s the weather! I love the outdoors, but I hate the heat. I pretty much only do yard work during the spring and fall. The fall is my favorite because it combines lovely breezes, amazing colors, and an indulgence in my organizing gene. I get to trim limbs, dig out weeds, and prune overgrown plants. Lots of fun, and good exercise too. All without sweating like a pig. Not to mention the annual trip to the local Pumpkin Patch!



I usually start my holiday shopping around September. I don’t like waiting until the end of November because I’m a bargain shopper. I want to get things my family and friends will enjoy, but at a good price. This year, our Toys R Us moved a store and had all their merchandise up to 50 percent off. Yahoo!!! I also hit a Books-a-Million that was closing to get some things. But I do try to hit a few stores the day after Thanksgiving, especially for stocking stuffers.

I have to be careful, or all my books would be set in the fall. :) So what’s your favorite time of the year and why?

Angel

Coming Soon!

Tomorrow join us as we welcome Tanya Saari, and learn more about the freelance editing world!

4 comments:

Playground Monitor said...

For me, it's a toss-up between spring and fall. In spring, everything's coming alive again after a period of drab and cold. And in fall, Mother Nature dresses in her brightest clothing to wow us all. That's one reason I have a botanical gardens membership -- so I can see the different seasons up close and personal right in my own city.

I already have my 2012 calendar too! Now I don't feel so bad for having already begun to plan into next year. And my Christmas shopping is almost done. I hit that same Books a Million sale and got some great gifts for up to 75% off the original price. I love a good sale!

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

I'm a fall girl all the way. I love the weather. I love the holidays. I love the colors. :-)

Insti

PM's Mother said...

Fall was my favorite time of year when I lived in North Carolina, but here on St. Simons Island I like spring better for come mid-March the island is ablaze with pink, rose, white and new green when masses of azaleas bloom.

Problem Child said...

I am all about fall. After the heat of summer, it feels like a blessing!