The Playfriends love shoes. We all are drawn by different styles, but the shoe adoration is universal. Just in case you need an excuse to buy more shoes, I ran across an article from Glamour Magazine that lists the 10 pairs of shoes every woman needs! Take note!
1. Nude, Peep-toe Pumps. They're supposed to go with everything and make your legs look longer. I have to admit I just added a pair of these to my collection a few weeks ago. Nude/camel/beige is not my go-to neutral, but I like them.
2. Black City Boots. I've never heard them called this, but basically the black leather boots that go from mid-calf to over the knee depending on your preference. They say if you go with a low to medium heel, they're comfortable, wear anytime shoes. My black boots just go above the ankle. I tend not to buy many much higher because of my large calves (and they're hot!).
3. Ballet Flats. Casual, comfy and cute. I'm a recent convert. I bought a pair of black suede and a pewter leather the other day. I had a hard time finding ones that fit, but I do like them. A nice alternative to the heels.
4. Wooden Platform Sandals. Recommended as the sassy in between of too casual sneakers and too fancy heels - daytime with attitude. I do not have a pair of these. Unfortunately when you get to feet as big as mine, wooden platforms and wedges get darn heavy.
5. Canvas Sneakers. They're talking Keds and Converse here for the comfy, chic ensemble. I don't have many of these anymore, but the Converse I do have are sparkly as the Playfriends can attest.
6. Black Pumps. The basic of basics for daytime, nightime, anytime. I actually don't have plain black, patent leather pumps. Shoes are always so done up anymore that they're hard to find. My closest pair is actually black glitter, but they work.
7. Metallic Sandals. Perfect summer shine to glam up a frumpy bridesmaid dress or go out on the town. Just make sure your pedi is up to date! I have lots of sandals but none are metallic. And lots of strappy dress shoes that are sparkly or metallic, but I can never tell if they're considered sandals or not.
8. Suede Booties. Perfect for fall with jeans or a sassy dress with tights or leggings. My booties are gray leather, but I'm going to take credit for this.
9. Flat, Leather Sandals. Designed for those lazy days. I'll admit I fail in this category. I have no flat sandals, they all have a bit of a heel. If I'm that lazy, I'm wearing flip flops (which, sadly, did not make the list.) Flat sandals make me feel oddly barefoot, short and like a Roman Solider marching to battle.
10. Gorgeous, Work of Art Shoes. These, I have! A totally frivolous, sparkly, make you smile pair of shoes. I think every girl needs these. They make you feel pretty.
Looks like I've got some gaps to fill, although DB would adamantly disagree. How did you do on the list? Do you have the basics covered? Anything they missed? I'm still lobbying for some nice Teva or Yellowbox flip flops. Are you currently lusting for a pair of shoes you can't have?