Friday, November 11, 2011

Free Book Friday - Historical Edition

Today is 11-11-11. That's weird! I bet there's a lot of people getting married today so their husbands can remember their anniversary. Personally, I'm holding out for October 11, 2012 and 1:14 PM... 10-11-12, 13:14. :)


Okay, now lets focus on something that's not weird - historicals. Historicals are the meaty backbone of romance and today I'm giving away a great one.



Wicked Becomes You by Meredith Duran


She's been burned not once but twice by London's so-called gentlemen...


Gwen Maudsley is pretty enough to be popular, and plenty wealthy, too. But what she's best known and loved for is being so very, very nice. When a cad jilts her at the altar--again--the scandal has her outraged friends calling for blood. Only Gwen has a different plan. If "nice "no longer works for her, then it's time to learn to be "naughty." Happily, she knows the perfect tutor--Alexander Ramsey, her late brother's best friend and a notorious rogue.


So why won't a confirmed scoundrel let her be as bad as she wants to be?Unbeknownst to Gwen, Alex's aloof demeanor veils his deepest unspoken desire. He has no wish to see her change, nor to tempt himself with her presence when his own secrets make any future between them impossible. But on a wild romp from Paris to the Riviera, their friendship gives way to something hotter, darker, and altogether more dangerous. With Alex's past and Gwen's newly unleashed wildness on a collision course, Gwen must convince Alex that his wickedest intentions are exactly what she needs.


Today, share what your favorite historical book or author is. And to win, comment with the phrase, "Wicked Becomes Me!"


SP

9 comments:

The Brunette Librarian said...

Hmmm...I have so many favorites, but one that I've had to replace because I read it so much is "The Raven Prince" by Elizabeth Hoyt. Funny, hot, deep, with conflict and love...it's the entire package :)

Wicked becomes me baby!

rachie2004 AT yah00 *d8t* c-m

CrystalGB said...

Wicked Becomes Me! My favorite historical author is Lisa Kleypas.
Crystal816[at]hotmail[dot]com

Unknown said...

I have a lot of favorite but lately its been Kaki Warner's books that I am hooked on. I do love Elizabeth Hoyt's books also

lead[at]hotsheet[dot]com

Mariee said...

Breathless by Anne Stuart is my favorite.
Wicked Becomes Me!

marieimy (at) gmail (dot) com

catslady said...

Oh, historical are my favorite!! There are so many so I will go back to two of my oldest and most favorite - Julie Garwood and Kathleen Woodiwiss who got me hooked on this genre!

Margay Leah Justice said...

I will read anything by Julia Quinn - amazing author! And wicked becomes me!

Margay1122ATaolDOTcom

chey said...

"Wicked Becomes Me!"
My favourite historical author is Madeline Hunter.

catslady said...

Wicked Becomes Me!
Sorry, please add this to my post!

Unknown said...

I forgot to add "Wicked Becomes Me!" to my post, sorry.