Tuesday, December 13, 2011

How I spent my Thanksgiving...

I swam with dolphins!!!!!!!!


It was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. They are such amazing creatures -- smart, playful, and very graceful. (They're also much bigger than I expected!)



Dolphin ride!!



Seconds before I got dunked... I didn't hear the instruction that said "Keep your head up!"

Dolphin kisses!!

We felt like part of the family...


Thanks to the trainers at Dolphin Cove in Key Largo, FL for a once-in-a-lifetime experience. And many thanks to Julie and Samantha for letting us play with them. (And to Samantha's 5 mo old baby, Issac, who occasionally swam around to see what we were doing. There's precious little in this world cuter than a baby dolphin wanting to play with you...)


It certainly beat cooking a turkey...

7 comments:

LA said...

What a wonderful experience...thank you for sharing the pictures!

Playground Monitor said...

Wow! How cool is that? I've always wanted to swim with dolphins. I'm sure Amazing Child will remember it forever too. It's on my bucket list. And yeah, that would sure beat cooking a turkey.

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

I swam with Dolphins at Discovery Cove at Sea World the day after LS was born. She was born early and I had reservations to keep. Stressful. But it was awesome. Once in a lifetime kind of stuff. Only thing that would've made it better was going with friends or family. I went alone because I was on a business trip.

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

Jealous!! I've always wanted to do this. I look at it every time we go to Orlando, but Baby Girl has always been too young to do it so I keep waiting.

Insti

Angel said...

Wow! Just Wow! That is so cool. I can't wait to hear all about it! The pictures are wonderful too. Such big grins...

Shana Smith said...

I'm very jealous. I've always wanted to swim with dolphins, and I'm determined to do it one day. It looks like it was lots of fun!

PC's Mom said...

On a trip to Panama City, I was fortunate to jet ski in a bay outside the state park where we fed wild dolphins - which is now illegal.

Like PM, swimming with dolphins is on my bucket list along with swimming with manatees.

Looks like a great time was had by all!