Friday, November 30, 2007

The Little Things


I’m fairly moody. (Not a word from any of you!) The worst part of it is that I never really know how I’m going to feel from one day to the next. There’s not much rhyme or reason to it. I’ll just feel sad one day for no reason. The next day, I’ll be really happy and excited about...who knows what? It can be a movie or a book I’ve read or a dream that upsets me and I can’t even remember it. It’s a crapshoot. Fortunately for those around me, I’m pretty good at keeping it to myself. At least, I think I am. (Again, no comment.)

I’m like that today. Yesterday I was bummed out and I didn’t know why. I shouldn’t be upset, we found out we’re getting our Christmas bonus early. I was able to shop for a pretty Christmas tablescape. And yet, I just sat in a funk all day. Today I’m brimming with excitement and I have no clue as to what brought it on. There’s nothing going on. I’m not really riding on a holiday high yet. I’ve had no major breakthroughs with my book. No bursts of productivity aside from some website work I’ve been procrastinating about. And yet, I’m giddy.

I think it’s the new shopping center they announced today. I’m really a sorry sort, but the mere mention of a Super Target and a Cost Plus World Marketplace can make me weak in the knees. They aren’t even finished with the big, fancy high end shopping plaza on the west side, but they’ve announced another one going in on the east side, a little closer to me. It’s not as fancy, but it will have lots of nice, cool stores all together – Best Buy, JC Penneys, Ross, Marshalls, Kohls, Pier 1, even a new movie theater and hotel.

I think I’m most excited by the Cost Plus World Marketplace. They don’t have one in town yet and I’ve waited 7 years for a store to open! Think Pier 1 meets import food and wine meets funky housewares, but cheaper. Its awesome for unique Christmas gifts. Maybe it will be open in time for the holiday's next year, but I doubt it. I believe its going to open in 2009 and it’s a big undertaking. Traffic in that area is already hell without a million shoppers descending on the place. DB works across the street from there and I'm sure he'll be thrilled. Fortunately, most people don't shop at 6AM when he gets off work.

That must be it. No other reason for me to be excited aside from still being giddy over the Publix they opened up the street. Most polite people EVER. The bag boy actually unloaded my cart onto the conveyor belt, then bagged and loaded my cart and unloaded it all into my trunk for me. No tipping allowed. I don't care if everything I buy is more than the Walmart. I'm paying extra for a clean store and polite employees.

Well, I'm off to let DB enjoy my good mood for a change. Hopefully it will carry on to my company holiday party tonight.

What's got you in a good mood lately?

SP

11 comments:

Playground Monitor said...

This is too weird. I'd never heard of Cost Plus World Market until a few days ago when I read about it on another blog. I went to their website and thought WOW! And now I find out we're gonna get one here! That's a good reason to be giddy.

PM

Anonymous said...

I've also never heard of a Cost Plus, and wish we had one, but hey, we have a Target. Not a super one, but a Target.

The thought of a weekend has me in a good mood. It's a craft weekend for me. That puts me in a good mood.

Nini

PS>>>>>>


PM! Thanx for the 'words of wisdom'....i'm done b*tchin' and complainin'

Rhonda Nelson said...

I'm in a happy mood today because I get to keep my new neice ALL BY MYSELF! No kids asking to hold her, feed her, change her diaper and generally bug the crap out of me. I get to keep her all to myself and have fun. :-)

Problem Child said...

I love the Publix too. Nice people, clean store. Well worth the little extra $$.

I've found I don't save that much by shopping at WalMart, and going there puts me in the worst mood.

I'm pretty sure that "when the lamb opens the seventh seal," it's going to be that damned smiley face.

Lynn Raye Harris said...

Oooh, Cost Plus World Market! I know what it is, but I've never been anywhere that we had one. I'll drive to it, no problem, but I'm greedy and wish it was closer.

I'm looking forward to the Publix opening down the street. It's about a mile away, maybe. I can't wait! There are other shops going in, and three full service restaurants. I really, really hope there's a Starbucks (or similar coffee shop with Internet) because I like to sit there and write sometimes. I prefer my own coffee, but I can't make macchiatos, so there's another reason for a Starbucks.

I'm also looking forward to getting my GH entry out of here later today. Sick. Of. It.

Jen said...

Publix makes me happy. They are always so nice. The store is clean. The meat is fresh. I know where stuff is. The DH suggested I could save money by shopping at Wal-mart for our groceries. I suggested he take over the grocery shopping. ;) I still shop at Publix.

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

Um, I'm not in a good mood today. I'm in one of those funks. I woke up with no voice and tonight is the school holiday auction. After putting together one of the class baskets (including designing a cookbook and taking care of getting it printed, organizing and purchasing all the stuff) I was asked to volunteer some more time tonight. I paid $65 to enjoy the evening and have already spent weeks getting this thing together. I don't think so. It's someone else's turn.

Instigator - who now feels better after venting :-)

Katherine Bone said...

The new Publix is nice and their cakes are GREAT.

I've never heard of Cost Plus World Market and I haven't heard of another Target coming near us. Where is that going up?

Enjoy your niece, Rhonda! My grandsons just left to go back home this morning. Whine.

Barbara Vey said...

We don't have those stores here, but my good mood is compliments of my great-niece and nephew 7 and 9 who went with me to see Enchanted today. It was lovely to be with them all day. They make me laugh.

Anonymous said...

good books and my great friends

kim h

Anonymous said...

And I bet they treat their employees better than said Walmart.

My husband took me out for my birthday - got to see Beowolf in 3D at an Imax theater, had appetizers that filled us up so didn't even need dinner and did a little bit of shopping - oh and got my hair cut today too!!!!