Sunday, December 24, 2006




MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE PLAYFRIENDS
AND OUR FAMILIES!!!

I'm actually writing and posting this blog on Christmas Eve, the most meaningful time of Christmas for me. Though one of the darkest nights of the year, it sparks with the gaiety of family gatherings, the warm intimacy of preparing for a magical morning with my husband, hushed anticipation of surprises... but most of all, this night glows with the twinkle of Christmas lights in the dark. Whether from our own Christmas trees or the millions of lights put up by others, we are surrounded with tiny lights bringing smiles into the darkest hours of the night.

I've often wondered about my fascination with Christmas lights. I'd have them up all year round if I could. Growing up, despite living out in the back of beyond with no traffic in front of our house to speak of, we still strung the front porch and bushes with strings of lights. Metaphorically, lights represent hope, happiness, good. When we decorate the world with them during the season with the most nighttime hours of the year, what are we saying to ourselves and each other?

As a child, Christmas was about the parties and presents for me. As an adult, it brings light and hope. Yes, it is hectic, at times overwhelming, and a lot of work for the women of the world. But it is also magical, twinkling, fresh, and fun. It represents the fulfillment of hopes and dreams. I hope dreams come true for all of us at the Playground this year. Yours and mine.

And if your holiday season has had its dark moments, I hope the light finds you once again.

Happy Holidays to you all!

Angel

5 comments:

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

Merry Christmas everyone!

All our presents are opened and put away (DH :-)) The family should be arriving shortly and I really need to get in the kitchen and start cooking. I hope everyone has a happy, magical day.

Instigator

Problem Child said...

Merry Christmas Playfriends and Blogfriends! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Presents are opened...now I must plow through the mess before PM and her DH arrive.

Playground Monitor said...

Don't worry about the mess. We have kids. We understand the explosion of wrapping paper and ribbon.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Santa was very good to me this year. Guess that means I've been a good girl. ;-)

PM

Meljprincess said...

Again Merry Christmas, Playdivas! LOL! I hope Santy brought you all kinds of goodies. I heard those hooves and bells last night. Reindeer poop on my window...
Excellent photograph!
I haven't been a good girl but Sandy Claws was still good to me.

Katherine Bone said...

Merry Christmas, Playfriends! I hope you're day has been wonderful, filled with the loving presence of family and friends, lots of yummy goodies to eat, and plenty of excitement as Christmas booty was unwrapped.

I've had a spectacular day, me hearties and wish you continued hours of the same.

Kathy