1. A cut that appears not to be life-threatening should probably be seen by a doctor if still seeping blood the next day.
2. In the perfect words of SEP, "You don't have to write a perfect book. Write a compelling book."
3. A mother's heart can break at the sound of a crying child she'd can't hold and console.
4. A daddy can make them both feel better.
5. Getting old sucks. I can no longer stay up until the wee hours of the morning and still be able to function the next day.
6. Naps are good and trump almost anything besides an appointment with your dream editor.
7. Six women in two rooms can make a huge mess.
8. Six women in one suburban can pack in a hell of a lot of luggage.
9. Everyone stumbles on the sidewalk of success. The great ones get back up, dust themselves off and keep chugging.
10. There's more to the care and feeding of the big black moment than just opening up a gaping hole of disaster and watching your characters fall in.
11. I can speak in front of a ballroom full of people and not disgrace myself. I count it as practice for future endeavors.
12. I still have a few moves left for the dance floor. They aren't as good as they used to be... But then neither am I.
13. Red is my color. Many people told me so.
14. My hair, while normally flat, can be teased to add about four inches to my height.
15. I'm perfectly happy at my normal height.
16. Hair disasters can bond.
17. Piling your hair on top of your head can make you look inebriated in pictures.
18. Gayle Wilson has wonderful comedic timing and a stage presence that would make any actress proud.
19. I need to seriously study structure and perhaps spend a tiny bit of time plotting my books before I begin to write them.
20. Each conference I learn something new about myself, my writing, my friends and the industry. Every penny, moment away from my family, and lost hour of sleep was worth it.
When can we do it again?
Tell me what you learned on your summer vacation.