Monday, August 08, 2011

MOANday: Viggo Mortensen

I’ve recently started watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Yes, I’m late to the party, but they weren’t something that really interested me before. Now, I’m looking for options for my Harry Potter-loving daughter, who is moving beyond kids movies but not ready for a lot of adult content. A friend loaned these to me so I could see if they’d be suitable for her, since she's interested in magic.

My favorite part? The rugged men. Nope, not the hobbits, elves, and miscellaneous magical creatures. I find myself following the hotties more than anything. I think part of it is my current obsession with Knights of the Round Table. And this guy would be a perfect match: Viggo Mortensen.

Photobucket

I love this look on him! Long hair, scruffy chin, haunted eyes. Yum!

Photobucket

I have to admit, I’m not a fan of many of Viggo’s other looks: no blond hair, gray hair, really short cuts, etc. His features change drastically with his hair color and cut. But this one is pretty nice (if I can’t have the knight look).

Photobucket

But I have to admit, it’s the long hair that gets me. :)

So tell me, do you have an actor you really only care for in certain movies or dressing certain ways? We're often comparing our characters to So-and-so as a specific character.

Angel

7 comments:

LeaAnnS said...

My current WIP hero is based on Jason Lewis of Sex and the City fame. A friend from the UK sent me a link to a commercial he did over there for candy. She says that's how everyone over there thinks of him. Hate to admit it, but he just looked so...young.

Or maybe that was because he was talking about candy.

practimom said...

oh, yes! russell crowe in gladiator = HAWT. Russell crowe in a beautiful mind = not so hot. it is weird how they can change their appearance so much.

Linda Winstead Jones said...

Daniel Day Lewis. Fabulous in Last of the Mohicans. In other movies, he was completely different. Always a great actor, but when it comes to manliness -- LotM was his best.

Angel said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this issue. :P Yes, practimom, Russell Crowe is another one. Someone else who does me that way is Scott Speedman. Love him in Underworld. Cut his hair? Not so much...

I've only seen Daniel Day Lewis in 2 things -- LOTM and some other movie with his hair cut off. Didn't care for that look at much... hmmm... I'm seeing a trend. Maybe I have a hair thing.

Angel

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

I love Johnny Depp, that's common knowledge, but his appearance can swing so wildly from one picture to the next. POTC? Hot. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? Not. Crybaby? Hot. Sweeney Todd? Not.

Problem Child said...

Oh, hummina!

Playground Monitor said...

Y'all know about me and my boyfriend Hugh Jackman. :grin:

I really liked Viggo in the movie "Hidalgo." He was a real rough and tough cowboy.