Friday, August 26, 2011

What's In A Name?

Thanks to everyone who helped me brainstorm titles a couple weeks ago. We came up with some great ideas. I submitted the list to my editor for their monthly pow-wow to determine all the names for the April releases. I had no idea when it would actually take place. Earlier this week, my editor sent me a note that said they'd picked a title, but she couldn't tell me until marketing approved it.

Torture!

I mean, really. I'm no marketing expert, but it really is hard to write this book, create this baby, then just hand it over for someone else to decide what to call it and what it's going to look like. They know better. Really. And what they came up with is as good as or maybe even better than anything I sent in. But the waiting is so painful!

Yesterday, I made a joke on Twitter that I hoped the hurricaine missed them for their sake, but that I also hoped it wouldn't hold up the marketing approval of my title because it was killing me to wait. She then informated me Marketing is in Canada, so I shouldn't worry. And then, a few hours later, I got an email with the results. I almost couldn't open the email. What if it was horrible?

Then it was great. I was so relieved. I actually have an old book under the bed with this name, so it has to be a great title. So, without further ado.... drumroll... My first book is called....


WHAT LIES BENEATH!

What do you think? I like it. I think it works with the lies and the dual personalities of my heroine. All sorts of things going on beneath the surface. Just perfect.

SP

7 comments:

Playground Monitor said...

I think YES!

Congratulations on getting to the next step in the process. I guess the next thing you wait for is a cover?

Linda Winstead Jones said...

I LIKE it. :-)

And yeah, I'm a little jealous. My January book is titled "The Husband Recipe." (No, not my original title.)

LJ

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

I love the title! I can't wait to see the cover. :-)

Instigator

Katherine Bone said...

Isn't that one you were considering months ago? I liked it then and I LOVE it now!

Congrats, SP! Can't wait to see the cover. ;)

Angel said...

Yay!!! I'm so glad they picked something so good. (and hugs, LJ, on that January title)

I'm horrible with titles myself, but fear that someone else would pick something even worse, so I get the fear. :)

Can't wait to hold this baby in my hands!!!!

Angel

catslady said...

I like it too!! It's the kind of title that gets one interested!

Sheryl M said...

Awesome!!