Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Oh, goodness...

Oh, wow, it's finally January.

Don't ask me about my resolutions or goals or anything like that. I'm too focused on one thing...

The Secret Mistress Arrangement IS ON THE SHELVES!!!

Squee!!

Alas, my book is only on the shelves in the UK – which is very exciting to think about and contemplate, but lacks the joy of being able to go to the bookstore and see it myself (and I just can't justify a trip over right now, even if my book is on the shelves...).

Still, though, the thought of people wandering into a bookstore and picking up my book sends little giddy shivers down my spine. People are actually reading it! Paying money for it! Possibly recommending it to their friends! Okay, so the reading part does make me worry... what if they hate it?

Nope, not going there. I'm sticking with the SQUEEE-ness of it.

Because I can't be there in person to see my ink-and-paper baby, I need our overseas Honorary Playfriends to help me out. And I'm not above bribing people to do so.

I'm running a Spot the Book contest all through January – just go to your local bookstore, snap a picture of my book on the shelf (you holding my book is optional :-)) and send the photo to me at kimberly@booksbykimberly.com. Be sure you tell me where you found it. On February 2, I'll randomly draw a name from all the photos submitted to receive an Amazon gift certificate. (Check my website for full details/rules.)

I've already received a couple of photos:

Spotted at Eason's bookstore in Ballymena, N. Ireland.


And at WH Smith in Norwich


This is just too cool....


Pardon me while I go squee!

PC

P.S. I'm guest blogging today at The Wedding Belles. Please come by and say hi!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm squeeing right along with you, PC! That's so exciting!!

Playground Monitor said...

I just can't wait until we can see it on the shelves here. We'll be squeeing in quintuplicate.

Congratulations!

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

So exciting! Congrats, PC. Wish I could fly to the UK and take a pic for you. :)

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!
I'm so excited for you, PC.

Instigator

Angel said...

Wow!!! I'm excited and it isn't even my book. :) Better keep all those pics to remember later.

Does this make jury duty week a little easier?

Angel

mslizalou said...

Squeeee! I'm so excited for you PC! Can't wait to read it when it's released over here.

Christine said...

Squee with you! That's awesome. Can't wait to see it here on the shelves.

Lynn Raye Harris said...

Totally awesome!!! Big SQUEE!!!!

I can't wait to see it here. And I can't wait to get a cover for mine. :)

Anonymous said...

That is just so awesome!!! I feel the same way when I walk thru our building and see my name up on our listing. Can't wait till they are here in the states.
robertsonreads
word verification - prizin

Katherine Bone said...

Smiling BIG for you, PC! This is so exciting. Congratulations and wishing your book disappears from the shelves in record time. ;)

Jane said...

Congrats, PC.

Rowena said...

Wow that's great news, congrats and if I lived in the UK, I'd send you pics too! =)

Sherry Werth said...

Squeee! I'm so happy for you PC! Can't wait to see it here. :D

Fedora said...

Hooray! Congrats! What an exciting time! And ditto what everyone else said--can't wait to see it on the shelves here!

Anonymous said...

How very cool! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait until it appears on our shelves. Dance in the moment. Hugs and congrats!