Thursday, June 21, 2007

Far East

Today we're traveling to Callander, the Trossachs and Loch Lomand. We've got a jam packed day full of castles, cathedrals and Rest and Be Thankful. The area itself is huge and there are a million different dirrections we could go in.


We're planning to visit Doune Castle of Monty Python and the Holy Grail fame. SP is very excited (as we all are) to visit this important site. :-) I'm very certain there will be many quotes from the movie as we tour the castle.


Next, we're hitting Dunblane Cathedral a church with it's beginnings dating back to 600 AD. For someone from a country less than 250 years old, that's just mindboggling.


Then we're heading over to Lochleven Castle the site of Mary Queen of Scots imprisonment. It was here that Mary was forced to abdicate her throne to her son James.


Next, we're planning to drive through the Trossachs National forest, by Loch Lomand and up to a place called Rest and Be Thankful. According to PC, it's a spot at the very top of a hill. Once there, you're supposed to rest, look at the vista around you, and be thankful that everything is downhill from here :-) Of course, we're driving up there instead of walking. I'm still planning to be suitably thankful (that I didn't have to walk).


Tell me what you're most thankful for. There will of course be prizes.


Instigator

P.S. from PM

Here's the latest word count on "Eye of the Beholder." The writing is going better now. It's all just a guestimate at best since it's all written in longhand right now.

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
2,125 / 6,000
(35.4%)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trip sounds wonderful. I'm most thankful for family and washing machines of course.

Theresa N.

Anonymous said...

Family and friends.
My parents are still alive at close to 90.

And of course my growing tbr. LOL.

Anonymous said...

LOL, Theresa! Okay, I'd have to chime in with dishwasher and such. ;-) And I can't forget that family and friends thing.

CrystalGB said...

I am most thankful for my husband, my family and my friends.

LadyVampire2u said...

You know, when I go on a trip, I try to plan out what I want to do, but it never seems to happen like I plan. I'm glad it's so different for you and your enjoying seeing so much on your trip.
What am I thankful for? Everything. Friends and family of course but I'm also thankful I have a 100% functional body, that I have a roof over my head and good food to eat. So much to be thankful for in this life. I really do take things like freedom or my rights as a citizen for granted too.

P.S. To PM

Seems you really made up for lost time. And I like the new title. :)

Stacy S said...

Family & friends. That mostly everyone is healthy.

ChristyJan said...

My husband and family (of course), especially my Mom who is fighting both breast and ovarian cancer right now.

On a less serious note, but still important ~ I'm thankful for indoor plumbing and electricity (both of which we have been without at one time or another)

Playground Monitor said...

I'm with you on the automatic appliances, electricity and indoor plumbing. I think it would be rough washing clothes on a rock at the creek -- especially this summer with the drought.

I am always thankful for friends and family. They make life precious and fun.

So sorry to hear about your mom ChristyJan.

PM

anne said...

I am thankful for good health. When I wake up and feel well then I am grateful. Also for a wonderful and supportive family.

robynl said...

I am thankful for each day that I feel good and do not ache or have a headache.
I am thankful for my friends and family also.

Lois said...

Books!! LOL :)

Lois

Maureen said...

I am thankful for my family and then I am thankful for a few hours of peace.

Cherie J said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I am envious. Sorry I have not been on sooner this week. My 8 month old baby girl was very cranky the earlier part of this week and it has been hard to get online for very long. She's teething.

I am most thankful for my family and friends. I feel very blessed, even if one member of the family has been moody lately. :-)

diane said...

I am thankful for my wonderful fiancee, for my great parents and family. For each day that I am well and accomplish something worthwhile. Also for my dogs, Guido and Bogie.

Unknown said...

i think that right now i'm most thankful for air conditioning. It's like a hundred out there but yet inside i'm fine. oh and i guess electricty to power it. a/c would be nothing without it

Anonymous said...

First off...when you went to Loch Lomond - did you sing the song?

Quote:

O ye’ll tak’ the high road and I’ll tak’ the low road,
And I’ll be in Scotland afore ye.
But me and my true love will never meet again,
On the bonnie, bonnie banks o’ Loch Lomond.

End quote!


As for being thankful...lots to be thankful for.

1. I'm not taking insulin for my diabetes. I'm trying to control it thru health, diet and exercise (not working really well on that last word..but i'm trying!)

2. That my DH and I got to go on vacation by ourselves for the first time in 19 years....

3. That my mind is still working, though blank at the moment, allowing me to write.

4. That my family loves me.

Nini :)