Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A video.

Big party yesterday, so easy day today. That's my rule.

It just so happens, though, that I have something really cool to share today: A video interview with me and Lynn Raye Harris filmed at the RT Booklover's Convention in April. It was our first time on camera, so we were very nervous, but I think we did okay.



I think my favorite part is where Lynn and I say "Nooo!" in perfect (and unrehearsed) unison.

Morgan -- the RT web guru -- was an absolute genius in getting us to not feel nervous, and she very nicely edited out the worst of the stutters and stammers. The next day, we went to Morgan's workshop on being on camera, and found out we weren't supposed to wear black or patterns on camera. (Lynn and I used this as an excuse to go shopping for camera-appropriate clothing.)

So, was the black and/or the patterns too distracting for you? How do you think we did?

PC

5 comments:

Angel said...

Y'all look really cute! But, yeah, the pattern might be a little distracting. I can't comment on performance because my computers speaks won't work anymore... :) Story of my life these days.

Angel

catslady said...

I thought the dresses were fine and not distracting. My favorite part was when you described your characters' baggage.

Playground Monitor said...

I didn't really notice the black and pattern thing until you pointed it out, but I can see how it would be distracting.

You did a terrific job and represented the genre, our RWA chapter and the Playground well. Squee!

Anonymous said...

I thought you both did a great job. I have seen more distracting patterns on professionals, so don't sweat it.

I liked the "natural" way you and Lynn responded to each other.

PC's Mom

Katherine Bone said...

I'm chiming in late, but the video of the two of you is VERY cool!! Congrats!! :D