Continuing on with this week's theme, I'm going to focus on the little things. Of course, I'm thankful for my friends and family, my job, home and good health. I'm sure I agree with all the high points the other Playfriends have mentioned earlier this week. But I want to talk about the little stuff. I'm no philosopher, nor am I a therapist, but I do know that you'll go crazy in life if you can't appreciate and be thankful for the daily gifts you're given. Yes, it would be great if you got that raise or had that baby or sold the book. But what if you didn't? What in your life can make you happy without some earth shattering event? Here's my list:
The Little Things I'm Thankful For:
- For spellchecker on my email and word processor.
- When DB takes out the trash without being asked.
- For a warm cat curled up in my lap while I watch TV.
- When my boss stops for breakfast in the morning and brings me a biscuit just because.
- For Uni-ball Vision fine tip pens in a rainbow of colors.
- When I turn the key in the engine and my car starts without problems.
- For emails and Facebook posts from friends that remind me someone cares.
- When a silly movie or television show makes me laugh out loud.
- For a DVR that allows me to watch what I want, when I want, without commercials.
- When one of my puppies lays his head on my knee and looks up with big eyes I can't resist.
- For the History International channel that makes me feel smarter, almost daily.
- When I find a princess parking spot at a busy shopping center.
- For a well-insulated house that maintains a low power bill, regardless of weather.
- When I hear little kid giggles. I just love the sound of a child that's tickled to death.
- For having my own nifty nickname and logo without having to join a biker gang.
- When I try on something from last season and it still fits.
- For living in a connected day and age where I can research anything, anywhere, anytime.
- When I dig out an old coat, purse or pair of pants from the closet and find money in the pocket.
- For the inventor of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream.
It's just a few of many, but its the day after Thanksgiving and I'm sure you're either exhausted from shopping at 4am or still in a turkey coma. What about you? What little things in life are you thankful for?
PS. On the Playground, we're also thankful for Problem Child, who's celebrating her birthday tomorrow. Happy Birthday PC!