Monday, March 08, 2010

Anatomy of a Blog Post



Psst… Danniele… It’s Sunday night. Do you have a blog topic yet???

Ugh!!!

Darnit! Blog topics seem to be hard to come by at the moment, because, frankly, I’ve just been doing the same old thing, day in and day out. Taking care of home and family. Working with clients (more than usual). Struggling to write as much as I can (around other commitments and the lack of drive). Yep, same old, same old.

Hmmm… So what to talk about? Well, next week is Spring Break. Maybe I should ask what everyone is doing? Nope. Better save that for next Monday (I call it, Playfriends!) Um, how about how dirty the house is? My first foray into little girl slumber parties this past weekend (doubt you want to hear about the giggling and running that drove me crazy). I’ve read a couple of good books lately, in an attempt to procrastinate with my writing. What to hear about those?

Hmmm… I signed up for National Conference. Can’t wait for that. Start working out with a personal trainer today (bet I’ll be sore!). Still more housework waiting. Why is laundry the chore that never ends? Doubt you want to hear about my late night foray to the grocery store, which we’d already been to twice that day, because I couldn’t remember to buy cat food.

Hmmm… Still nothing interesting. MOANday was just last week, so I doubt I could get away with posting more pictures. Though hot guys are usually a hit. Nope. Still a total blank.

Oh well, guess I’ll just go to bed early. Maybe something will hit me tomorrow…

Anything interesting going on with you today?

Angel

Coming Soon!
Wednesday, March 10th, we welcome author Homer Hickam to the blog.

14 comments:

Sephanie said...

Angel,
I agree with you that laundry is the chore that never ends. Sometimes I feel as if it is a monster that is going to eat my house completely up.

Why is that when we want to work and are excited about it often seems that circumstances (or chores) stand in our way?

Linda Winstead Jones said...

I went to the home and garden show this weekend, and hit Lowe's yesterday. I have so many plans . . . and so little time to implement them. :-) Something about spring makes me want to nest.

Playground Monitor said...

Funny you should ask. I get to go get stuck again this morning. I had the lab work for my annual physical done last week and it all came back wonky. So they want to run it again, which means letting the vamp... er... phlebotomist stick my arm again. I'm hoping the anomalies can be explained by the steroid pack I took last week because I used a different variety of my usual laundry detergent and broke out in a rash.

Problem Child said...

You really, really, don't want to know...

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

My brain is in about 7 different places at once. I can't even begin tell you. I'm getting a touch of spring fever, though. Looking around my house and thinking about throwing out every 3rd item I come across because I'm tired of looking at it all. Thinking about donating half my clothes I never wear because I don't have enough room to have it all hung up or in drawers, hence piles everywhere. We won't talk about the clothes that don't fit after my holiday gains...

Sherry Werth said...

Bless you Angel! A little girl's slumber party! Never figured out why they call it that...cos nobody in the entire house gets to slumber. LOL
Me..let's see. I ran my first 5K this weekend...26 degrees outside at 7 AM. What the crap was I thinking?! Later that day I went to my future DIL's lingerie shower. Lucky for her darling daughter picked out the gift. I had a lovely lace embellished flannel nightgown in mind. :D
Other than that..ditto the same old, same old.

mslizalou said...

I totally agree that laundry is the never ending chore. Visited with family this weekend and made plans to go to the JR Ward book signing in KY in May. Other than those 2 things, nothing too different is really going on right now. BTW, MOANday is always welcome. ;)

Angel said...

Oh, don't even get me started on spring plans. I have a few planting ideas, because my daughter's school was selling plants. Other than that, nothing. I have yet to get the Christmas lights off the back porch. Yeah, it's that bad.

Angel

Angel said...

Hugs, PM! Stress will do lots of bad things to your body. So you take care of yourself, ok?

Angel

Angel said...

SP, I'm right there with you about getting rid of stuff, but I always hit that this time of year and also fall, because the kids' clothes consignment sales come up. I'm going through clothes and getting rid of things that don't fit anymore, and that naturally spreads to the rest of the house.

The only time that's a problem is if I don't have time to go with the feeling. If I don't do it when the mood strikes, it won't get done later. :(

Angel

Angel said...

Sherry, Yikes! Bless your heart. I can't imagine running 5K, and very little will get me outside in that temp at that time of the morning. Nope, not happening.

Angel

Angel said...

Ooohhh, Liza, JR WARD!!!! You are so lucky, girl! I can't wait for John Matthew's book to come out. Will it be out before you go to the signing?

Angel

PM's Mother said...

I don't do laundry until I run out of underwear -- and I have a LOT of underwear!

My next kitchen will have two dishwashers -- one for clean dishes and one for dirty dishes.

Katherine Bone said...

Oh, Angel! Did you have to bring up laundry? ~sigh~

I've been throwing out stuff, giving stuff away, and going through old magazines again. And yet there is still more stuff to get rid of. I'm not a pack rat, or at least I don't think of myself that way, but this house is not big enough apparently. ;)

Hugs, PM! I've been battling a week long headache.

Sherry, all I can say is "Wow!" I'm so impressed!

I haven't had the outdoor bug in some time but today the little garden beastie bit me pretty darn good. I'm actually looking at my beds and thinking, we need to do something about this. LOL!