Thursday, February 12, 2009

Something New

I am very excited today! After months of hard work (Smarty Pant's hard work not mine!) I have a brand spanking new website - www.KiraSinclair.com.

It's entirely possible that I should let Smarty Pants (who I want to thank from the bottom of my heart) tell you guys about the...err joys of working with me on this project. But, she's liable to gloss over a few of my more obstinate moments so I'll do it.

I think, and I'm just guessing, that I was probably one of her most difficult clients. And actually - I probably shouldn't admit this - this is the 2nd site she's designed for me. The first one was never loaded into the Internet because I corrupted the files and couldn't figure out how to get it uploaded. And by the time I admitted that to her I was bored with the theme. But she graciously agreed to start from scratch with me.

And we started from scratch...two, three times? I can't even remember now. I made her do a swoopy thing at the top of the header - something that apparently is very difficult to do - and then decided I didn't like it. She had precisely placed all of the words perfectly but I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would. There was a picture I wanted...and it wouldn't fit with the swoop. So I asked her to start again and she did without saying a word about all the hard work she'd done going straight down the drain.

Then there was the night we spent, an hour maybe, sending files back and forth trying to find just the right shade of brown. I'm sure she thought the first two or three would have worked fine. In fact, I think maybe I went back to one of those colors after making her put a whole bunch more onto the site. And I just would not let the rose petals across the bottom of the page die even though it was over a month before we found a graphic that trail correctly across the bottom.

And through it all, Smarty Pants didn't even roll her eyes at me. Well...I don't think she did (as I couldn't actually see her while we were talking by email and msn). At the end of the day, I love my site. And I hope you guys like it to. And now I need ideas for making Smarty Pants forgive me for my stubbornness...anyone got a good one they'd like to share?

Instigator

8 comments:

Problem Child said...

Very pretty new website! Kudos to you both.

Hmm, I think you should buy her orange rolls Saturday!

Playground Monitor said...

Oooooh, pretty! Both of you did a great job, especially with the eye candy. ;-)

Orange rolls sound good, but they're not on my diet. :-(

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

It wasn't that bad. My only request is that you not get bored with this layout for at least a year. Please.

I'd ask for Lindor truffles, but I just don't need them.

Misty Williams said...

Great Job to the both of you and I love it!! :)

Lynn Raye Harris said...

Looks beautiful! Very nice and classy!! I think you should buy her a nice pair of shoes. Because, as we know, shoes are the crack of choice in HOD. *g*

Sherry Werth said...

Oooh, very nice! Y'all did good!

And I agree with Lynn. (LOL) Shoes would be a lovely forgiveness gift. Crack of choice, how funny!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty and a great job by both you ladies. Love the rose petals at the bottom. How about a medi/pedi gift certificate?
robertsonreads
word verificaton - piciderl - sounds nasty

Angel said...

For all of that, I think she deserves both shoes and a mani-pedi gift certificate. ;)

Beautiful result, though. I really like it, and I think searching for the rose petal design was worth it. Really nice touch.

Angel