Monday, December 14, 2009

Holiday Rush



Oops! I’m running late on this wet, soggy Monday. I spent the weekend hostessing a party for our local RWA chapter here at my house (good times, good times) and then went to a friend’s house for tea Sunday where we spent several enjoyable hours talking about everything from where we are in our writing to kids to diets. You know, the usual writing women’s fare.

In the scramble to get the kids ready for bed and school the next morning, and the inevitable collapse after the weekends festivities, I completely forgot about blogging today! You’ll forgive me, right? :)

So let’s talk about Christmas activities. This weekend was my big one, then oddly enough, I don’t have anything else major until after Christmas, when I’m going to visit my parents in Florida. I’ll make it home just in time for the Playground Christmas party on New Year’s Eve (we had scheduling problems this year). What about you? Are you overloaded with holiday appointments or getting off easy with a party here and there?

Angel

Coming Soon!
Wednesday we welcome author Melanie Milburne!

Check out our Free Book Friday winner below!

9 comments:

Playground Monitor said...

I'm going on a road trip for Christmas -- first to #1 son's house to have Christmas with them (and #2 son will be there as well so it'll be double the fun) and then on to my mother's house for Christmas with her and with my sister and her family. My mom has been in the hospital for over a week now after emergency surgery, so I'll be playing nursemaid while I'm there too as I'm sure they'll spring her before Christmas.

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

I think I may have made it through most my holiday stuff. A couple parties are behind me. I have a friend coming over one night for dinner, a volunteer session at the mall, then its clear sailing to Christmas. I'm taking off extra time at work, so I'll bake, clean and work on getting the house ready for the in laws and such coming over for dinner Christmas Eve.

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

I have a field trip to the mall (and santa) on Wed, ice skating with the kids on Sat and a company party on the 23rd. I still have some shopping to do (I know what I need just need to get my butt in gear and get it) and all of my wrapping. It will get done though.

Instigator

Problem Child said...

Things are just winding up for me. Sigh. Today I will conquer my Christmas cards. One thing at a time, right?

mslizalou said...

My dad's side of the family will have our reunion/Christmas gathering next weekend. Luckily it is in the Nashville area so I don't have to travel far. I will head to my dad's on Christmas Eve to spend Christmas weekend with family. My friend and I are all getting together for our Christmas party on the Monday after Christmas(trouble with our schedules too).

Sherry Werth said...

Not much going on in my world. Our chapter party was my big event. Which was wonderful, BTW. So until I cook Christmas Day dinner, that's pretty much it. I have a few presents and cards to take care of and I'm done, thank goodness. :)

Alicia Hunter Pace (aka Jean Hovey and Stephanie Jones) said...

I have three parties this week and a Christmas dance lead out. Thank God I'm only watching the godson trot the girlfriend out and not actually participating in the dance in any way. Then we are going to Virginia to family for the actual holiday. Then there are two post Christmas parties and dinner out with friends on New Year's Eve. The last thing I know about is a National Champ party to watch the game January 9. I have one uniform for all the parties. Y'all have already seen it. It will have to be cleaned up a few times, as I am wont to spill wine and drop dip on me.

Jane said...

I have plans to visit my cousin, but I haven't bought my plane ticket yet. I still have presents to buy.

Katherine Bone said...

~sigh!~ I still have Christmas cards to finish, ornaments to put on trees, I need to wrap all my gifts, finish shopping, clean house, and bake goodies. Whew! I'm tired just thinking about it. But the decorations are slowly looking great and family is around. Good times!