Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Best of the Bookshelf -- April Edition



It's Best of the Bookshelf time again where the Playfriends share what they've been reading.

Last month, Problem Child alluded to her March release and I know I'm a month late and a dollar short, but I'm reading Girls' Guide to Flirting with Danger by Kimberly Lang.



Megan Lowe is a marriage counselor and Devin Kenney is the country's top divorce attorney. How odd is it that they used to be married? To each other? When Devin's hit book Cover Your Assets and his hit radio show begin to have a negative impact on Megan's career, something's gotta give or someone's gotta give in.

Girls' Guide to Flirting with Danger is a great read (and PC didn't pay me a thing to say that). It really is. It's sexy and sassy and Devin is a hunk. Megan is a strong heroine who has clawed her way up the professional ladder, and did I mention Devin is a hunk? ;-) You won't be disappointed with this book.

Angel is reading Secret Legacy by Anna DeStefano



Anna’s series about a covert organization experimenting on those with psychic abilities continues in Dark Legacy with Sarah’s mysterious connection to a little girl who haunts her dreams and the psychic warrior who will risk his all to protect her. I find books on psychic abilities very intriguing and Anna’s is no exception!

Smarty Pants is reading Instigator's April realease, What Might Have Been.



Ahh... peach farming. While it's a favorite pasttime of the Playfriends, there's one person it doesn't interest - sexy computer genius Luke Collier. Just his luck that his grandfather's death means he's inherited the peach farm he never wanted. And to make things worse, his old flame, Ainsley Rutherford, runs the farm. What he doesn't know is what Ainsley's been hiding from him all these years. Blending her trademark hot sex with a surprisingly emotional plot, Sinclair brings something unexpected and welcome to the standard Blaze offering.

Problem Child is reading When Harry Met Molly by Kieran Kramer.



A cute friends to lovers story with strong, adorable, loveable characters, and Kieran’s voice is lighthearted and fun. I inhaled this book in almost one sitting on the plane back from RT. As the first in a series of four connected books, I’m looking forward to reading the next three. (And since Kieran sat next to me at the RT booksigning, I managed to talk her into promising to send me the next one!)

Instigator is reading The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen.



Sarah has a way of taking a light paranormal element and blending it seamlessly into a lighthearted story with a genteel southern backbone that we don’t often see. Her writing style is easy and in some cases makes me feel like I’m reading about my own interesting neighbors. I highly recommend anything she writes – including The Peach Keeper.

What have YOU been reading?

2 comments:

Problem Child said...

Thanks for the plug, PM. (I may not have paid her, but she knows her birthday is coming up...)

robertsonreads said...

I am reading Superb and Sexy by Jill Shalvis. Great read so far and do not believe that I will be disappointed.

Of course, I need to get both Kira's & Kimberly's books to read shortly.