Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Bad Manners (but Good News!)

Since I’m Southern and I was raised to believe it’s very bad manners to brag on yourself and blow your own horn, I should be ashamed of this post. (Look Away, Mom! Look Away!)

But I can’t help it. I’m just giddy and busting at the seams with news. I’ll try to get it out of my system in one post today.


My sailboat book, Magnate’s Mistress…Accidentally Pregnant! is out in the UK this month! I (heart) this book in so many ways… in no small reason because it was one of those books that just seemed to write itself as fast as I could make my fingers move across the keyboard. I’m totally in love with the hero (and we’ll all tell the Darling Geek that Chris is totally modeled on him), and I adore Ally. I got to mix sailboats and Greek mythology and Caribbean islands and steamy sex and I had a blast doing it. I even love the cover!


(Magnate’s Mistress…Accidentally Pregnant! will be out in the US in February.)


Of course, I’m counting down to the US release The Millionaire’s Misbehaving Mistress (which, if you’re just on the edge of your seat and can’t wait for it to hit the bookstore, is available on the eHarlequin site now). I love the alliteration of the title, and when you find out the heroine is an etiquette expert nicknamed "Miss Behavior," the title becomes that much better! And this cover captures Will and Gwen perfectly, I think.

If you look in the sidebar, you’ll see we’re planning a party in October to celebrate its arrival in the bookstores. If all goes well, I’ll have a special announcement to make that day too!

And if that's not enough...


The Secret Mistress Arrangement just keeps on going! I love the fact I get three English-language releases – US, UK, and Aus/NZ – on all the books, but there’s a whole different excitement in having a book translated and released to a different country.

First it was France:

Loosely translated, that’s The Perfume of Temptation. (And yes, I’m out with Day Leclaire!)

Now it’s in Italy in a 2-in-1 with Robyn Grady (who is just fab):

The title of the duet is Seductive Agreement, and TSMA is rechristened Seven Days of Desire.


See why I’m giddy?

Be giddy with me. Share some good news. We’ll all squee together!

PC

**Oh, and I'm guest blogging over at Lynn Raye Harris' blog today and tomorrow about writing for Modern Heat.


4 comments:

Lynn Raye Harris said...

Those foreign editions are totally cool, aren't they!? I can't wait. I have an Indian release, complete with a different cover, but of course the language remains English. I look forward to my first translation!

Angel said...

But good news gives us the chance to squee with you! yay!!!

I'm afraid I'm all out of good news myself for the moment. Unless I finally get Drama Queen to the doctor and they tell me she doesn't have swine flu. That would be good news. Except the doctor isn't answering the phone! I hate that.

Angel

Playground Monitor said...

Just wait til you're released in Czech and become Kimberly Langova.

Good news? Well, I sold a Halloween-themed short story. Still waiting to hear on the Thanksgiving one. Have an idea for a New Years one but just have to get it written. Most times, just the idea is half the battle for me.

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

Yay for book releases. You should've heard me last night trying to explain to DB what an alpha hero was.

Good news...

...I was able to get a dentist appointment this morning.

...fondant and I met in an epic battle, and I do believe I won. The cake is super cute.

...my mom volunteered to bake cupcakes for me, so that frees up a little time. Just need to find someone interested in baking about 150 sausage balls.