After a couple weeks of fairly amusing blogs, I find myself at a loss this Friday. I've used up all my cleverness and I’m not quite sure what to write about today. This week we've already covered the ever-popular bad boys, tomatoes, bicycles, waterparks (from which my body has still not recovered), and galleys. We've posted yummy pictures of Daniel Craig. That's a tough act to follow.
I've pondered this for most of today and aside from amusing scenes with sugar gliders attacking my hero in an aerial assault, I've got nothing. I think my brain is being pulled in too many directions. Let's make a list since I'm not already feeling completely overwhelmed.
- I got a full request on RH, so that’s good news.
- My novella was rejected, so that’s bad news. Expecially worrying is the fact that it didn't bother me much.
- My mom’s wedding story made it into the July issue of True Love Magazine, so again, good news. In not so great news, they keep asking for stories for the fall issues and I haven't done the slightest thing to start one.
- I’m contemplating cat-napping to advance my career. (I don’t mean sleeping; I mean physically stealing a cat. Don’t ask.)
- I’m worrying about our workshop at Nationals. Why did we sign up to do this, again?
- DB’s birthday is coming up, along with nearly every Playkid birthday. Cupcakes and chaos all around.
- Work, of course, is busy with everyone going on vacation leaving the others to scramble and do their jobs. The nerve of going on a two week cruise with your wife for your 40th wedding anniversary! So inconsiderate of me and my feelings! I might take it better if he didn't have such a back-@ssward way of doing everything.
- Those extra pounds since last conference have not magically disappeared, so I don’t even want to think about what I’ll wear next month.
- This is despite the fact that my yoga instructor is out to kill PC and myself. (And we wonder why I don't make it there more than twice a month...)
- One of my college friends has announced her engagement and has filled my inbox with questions about colors and locations and favors and whatever else. This only reminds me that I have no wedding of my own to plan. Sigh. I guess this is just as well since my calendar is filling up for the next few years and I don't even know when I'd be able to squeeze one in.
- I’m pondering some home improvement projects that have home-owner association reps, concrete, drywall and fencing contractors showing up at my house at random intervals.
- I'm still fielding calls from various law-enforcement agencies about my credit card theft. None, however, have announced that the schmuck has been arrested. (Yeah, I'm onto you, boy! Better watch your back.)
- DB is dead-set on getting the surround sound and A/V stuff fully set up. This requires multiple phone calls, long discussions and the constant mantra “Baby, look at this” as he finds things online we need.
- Oh, and did I mention I’ve gotten wrapped up in a writing challenge with Instigator and Angel? Sadly, it’s the only thing motivating me to work on my new book right now. Mercury in retrograde or something has my brain on pause.
What’s on your brain today? I'm sure I've forgotten something and one of you will be kind enough to remind me. Just be warned it might be the straw that sends this camel into her bathroom with the door locked.
The Dear Author blog has a poll up for who should win the Best Rita for Paranormal Romance. Maven LJ has 2 books up for the prize - Raintree: Haunted and Prince of Magic. Click over to vote on the right-hand sidebar! (It has no real bearing on who actually wins the Rita, but I hate to see such good books trailing to her competitors, even on someone's blog...)