Monday, February 13, 2012

The Road Less Traveled...

Photobucket


The calendar I bought for 2012 has a year's worth of pictures like the one above. I'm not sure why, but I've always been drawn to images of roads, paths, anything that infers there's something just around the bend. Even my computer desktop pic is of a corridor created by two columns of trees in full autumn golds. At the end is a shadowy building with all kinds of mysterious potential.

Photobucket

Maybe it's the writer, the creator in me, but I think I'm intrigued with the potential of that mystery. What's coming? What's around that corner? Imagining all those possible scenarios is like a jolt of creative caffeine.

So what kind of calendars do you tend to get? (Drama Queen has always gotten horses, but this year requested wolves in honor of our new husky dog.) Do you go with whatever business calendar is given to you for free? Is one featuring your favorite characters a must-have? (We have Phineas and Ferb for our family calendar.) Do you like inspirational pictures or quotes?

Valentine's Day Special:

Photobucket


Angel

6 comments:

Playground Monitor said...

My calendars are the day planner type with lots of room to put appointments and reminders. But there are no pictures. My computer wallpaper (work and home) is a scene from Tuscany. That's probably what I'd have if I had a photo calendar. I love how Tuscany looks. I want to go there.

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

My calendars vary, but they're usually some pop culture thing. One year I had a Princess Bride calendar, a Twilight calendar, Care Bears, etc. This year I have a Totally 80s day by day calendar. Last year I strayed and got a tropical beaches calendar because I was COLD and wanted someplace warm to look at and dream about.

Cheryl C. said...

Lighthouses I always get lighthouse calendars. Something about the beauty of being on the sea and the solitary nature of the structure gives me inspiration.

Ella said...

I loved my Zen calendar last year -- all those tranquil water-flowing-over-stone type pics (except the horrendously gaudy gold Buddha for December...odd!). But this year I got my hubby a daily LOLcat calendar that we are all getting a kick out of. One day's quote has been tacked onto our refrigerator. It's a cat looking down at a ball right between its feet, and it reads, "Pleez, hoomin, come hand me my ball."

Yep, that's my cat, all right! :)

catslady said...

Can you guess lol. Yeah, cats are my favorite. I seem to have a lot of calendars so at the moment I have 3 cat calendars, one of scenery of Scotland, another of Hawaii, one of various animals and one with recipes lol.

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

Last year I had a fairy calendar. This year I went with True Blood. :-) What's funny is this is the calendar at my office. I don't really have a calendar at home...at least one that isn't on my phone. We recently found a great iPhone app that allows everyone in the family to access it and update the calendar - even Sweet Pea. If I could just get to the point where I'm not the only one using it...

Insti