Friday, February 03, 2012

Oops

I had gotten it in my head that today was Free Book Friday so I didn't plan a blog. Then I looked at the calendar (too late) and figured out that was next week. The problem? It's 5am, I have today off and I'm typing this from my computer in bed.

My company has recently started letting our program work a 9/80 schedule where you work an extra hour most days and you get a Friday off every other week. Today is my day. It's the second so far. The first week I went to the dry cleaner and the post office because I could. My local PO keeps the same work hours I do, in case you're wondering why it takes me so long to ship prizes.

Today, I think I'll check my PO box for junk mail (the only kind I get), catch up on laundry and dishes, and write a synopsis. Fun stuff, eh?

What would you do with an extra day off each week?
SP

4 comments:

Playground Monitor said...

Because I work afternoons only, I have mornings for the cleaners, post office, doctor's appointments, haircuts, etc. But since I've had this cast put on, it takes twice as long to do anything. I start getting ready for work about 9:00 so I'll have time to rest before I go. That way I'm not falling asleep at my desk by 3:30. I'm counting the days til March 5 and the cast comes off!

Enjoy your day!

pjk said...

I would like to think I would do something really productive with an extra day off, but truth be told, I would probably just be lazy around the house. (Inside in the winter, and outside in the summer:)

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

I'd sleep. :-) Enjoy your day off!

Insti

Angel said...

Having recently lost my 1 weekday off, I can easily answer this question. :) Get the oil changed in my car, make doctors/hair/other appointments, go grocery shopping, I could list a bunch of others. Could I do this on my off time? Absolutely. But it takes me twice as long when I have my children with me, which I do when I'm not at work now.

Sigh. Oh well. Thank goodness for hubby's off days. :)