Saturday, September 16, 2006

Adventures in Babysitting




I remember now why they give babies to young people. We've had our three-month-old granddaughter for about twenty-four hours. She's been great except for a little fussy spell this evening. I'm ready to abandon my usual writing-after-midning routine and hit the sack. There's something about being ever-vigilant that's really tiring. We've made it through fixing bottles and changing diapers and even giving her a bath. She and I watched football on TV this afternoon while Papa was out (War Eagle!) And I correctly remembered how to get her stroller unfolded and we took a walk this afternoon. My heavens but that carseat/infantseat/strollerseat weighs a bazillion tons! If I had to lug Miss Chunk around in that all day I'd have biceps like the Incredible Hulk. Somehow I don't remember babies and their paraphernalia being so heavy. Well... they do say that the mind is the first thing to go. *g*

*yawn*

Yep, this is definitely for the young.

No comments: