Monday, July 24, 2006

Be-attitudes

Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.


I saw that quote recently and today it's come into play. I've had a luncheon date in Atlanta change. I found out my magazine editor may be in town just for one evening and if possible I'd love to meet her in person. I also learned an online friend might be flying in for the Literacy Signing, so I want to meet her too. Thank goodness I'd done my agenda in pencil. If I didn't have a good attitude about change and being flexible, I'd probably have a headache the size of Atlanta instead of just a crick in my neck that's driven me nuts all day. I tried to get a last-minute massage appointment today but couldn't. The Playfriends may be massaging my neck and shoulders in the bar. :grin:

Maybe having lived through the raising of a husband and two sons has contributed toward the flexibility. I'm not a doormat, but there just aren't too many things worth getting all bent out of shape about. I'm a go-with-the-flow person. I roll with the punches. Sometimes I even eat burnt toast.

I think all my stuff's in the suitcase. I've already put some stuff in the car. And there's a note taped to my purse handle to remind me of the curling iron and string cheese.

How's your last-minute preparation for Atlanta going?

1 comment:

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

I'm scuttling around trying to figure out which shoes go with what and what bra goes where. I'm going to be mildly unpleasant in the morning as I'm no where near bedtime. You've been warned!

SP