Friday, April 06, 2012

Launch Party

I feel like I've spent a good part of the last year celebrating. Every few weeks is another cool milestone on the road. There has been flowers and fondue and charm bracelets and sparkly shoes. Celebrating my sale with friends and family, getting a title, a cover, my first review, my first fan letter... But now we've finally gotten to the time I've been waiting 11 months for - hell, that I've been waiting my whole life for!
It's real. Really real. They can't change their mind or take it back. I AM a published author. My book is on shelves (after a minor setback where the local stores weren't in a hurry to stock), online, and downloading to e-readers everywhere. People other than my editor and critique partners are reading my books. People I don't even know!
Can I get a "squeee" up in here??
It is time to party, people. Bust out the champagne. We've got gourmet cupcakes and a chocolate fountain, as all good parties do. Dip a marshmallow in some milk chocolate goodness and celebrate.
SP
PS. I'm blogging with the Love Cats Down Under on Sunday - The Sunday Smooch. :) Pop in for another entry in my contest and read a steamy excerpt from What Lies Beneath.

16 comments:

Lacey Devlin said...

SQUEE!!! I'm so glad you've been celebrating every milestone. You deserve to enjoy every second. I hope your WIP is going well!

Angel said...

What a wonderful thing to wake up to!!!! I love that picture. You've waited so long and I can just see the excitement on your face!

So you'll definitely get a SQUEEEEE from me (and some apple fritters and chocolate martinis - hey, its the breakfast of champions).

Playground Monitor said...

Cupcakes? And a chocolate fountain? ~sigh~ I started Weight Watchers this morning.

But I'll celebrate with my cup of fat-free yogurt!

It was SO exciting to see your book at the store Wednesday. You'd have thought it was mine.

Enjoy, enjoy!

Ooooooh! Is that a cabana boy I see?

linda winstead jones said...

Yay! My copy arrived yesterday, and I can't wait to read it! :-)

Barbara Vey said...

I am so excited for you. None of this surprises me in the least. You deserve all the attention you are getting and more. Can't wait to see you next week and watch you sign all those amazing books!

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

Aw, PM, you know virtual cupcakes are calorie free. No points! :)

In addition to the virtual party, I'm going to pamper myself with some shopping, get my nails done, lunch and maybe a real Gigi cupcake. And while I'm out, I'll stop at every store in town to hunt down my books!

pjk said...

What a wonderful picture!

Congrats!

*raises her chocolate martini*

Cheers!

Shana Smith said...

So excited for you! May you not be able to find copies at any store in town because they've all been bought up and are being read voraciously by new fans. :)

Kat Cantrell said...

Congrats and SQUEEEEE! I'm so happy for you. :)

Julie Miller said...

Sqeeeeeeeee, Andrea! Congratulations! There's nothing like seeing that first book on the shelves. What an accomplishment. Congrats!

catslady said...

Big congratulations and squeee lol.

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

Squuuuuueeeeeee! I'm so happy for you. :-) This is awesome and you deserve every moment of excitement.

Insti

Angel said...

Is it time for Margaritas yet?!?!

Maven Linda said...

I'm not sure what a SQUEEEE is, but if it's good, I'll do one for you :-). My copy arrived today!

Anonymous said...

Squeee and squeee again. Congratulations Andrea! May you continue to enjoy your debut publication.
Ginger aka
Robertsonreads

Maria said...

Your book is out in India, my copy arrives on Monday. Congratulations!