Friday, November 20, 2009

I Love My Job

I can't believe I actually typed it, but for once its true. I love my day job. Sure, I'd quit in a heartbeat if I got the book deal of the century, but as long as I have to live a double life, I'm pretty content with my situation.

This is a pretty big turn around over the last few months. We've had layoffs. I've picked up a ton of work that I'm not 100% certain how to do. Some days walking into the building was as depressing as walking into a funeral home. Not exactly fun. For the most part, I think the layoffs are behind us and things are settling down. While I'm very busy, I'm trying to make the most of my situation and my boss and coworkers are a big part of that.

I work with the coolest people ever. Why, you ask? Because we're all leaving work in the middle of the day today to go see Twilight: New Moon. (Just ignore that groan from PC in the corner, there.) My coworkers have gotten into Twilight over the last year - without my help, I might add - and when the movie tickets went on sale, they asked if I wanted to go with them. So, we got the swanky VIP seats in the adults only section for the 11AM showing today.

Not just any boss will let you take a 3 hour lunch to see a movie and even fewer bosses will actually be in the seat next to you sharing her popcorn. Like I said, coolest people ever.

So, what about you? Are you going to see New Moon? Are you excited for another movie to come out over the holidays?

SP

P.S. And a happy birthday to Birdzilla! Maybe Instigator will let you get that alpaca. :)

12 comments:

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

No alpaca! But at least I'm not making him go to New Moon with me. I'll be joining SP instead. YAY! :-)

Happy Birthday, Zilla! I love you!

Instigator

Linda Winstead Jones said...

My granddaughter (8 yrs old) wants me to take her to see it. Unfortunately I'm out of town today to Sunday, next week is Thanksgiving, there are a million and one things to do. But -- if we can come up with a date and time, I'll take her.

Love the books. Was not crazy about the first movie. I have hopes for this one, though.

Problem Child said...

~bangs head on desk~

~sighs~

~mocks SP~

Happy Birthday Zilla!

gigi said...

My daughter went to the Midnight showing last night.
She and her friends really enjoyed it.
I have been reading all her Twi-saga books. I am to Breaking Dawn and she can't find her copy. She loaned her copy to someone months ago (before graduating High School) and can't remember who. She went to the midnight release party of Breaking Dawn and it was a first edition.
I am debating whether to hunt her down a first edition or just order another copy . SHe didn't really enjoy Breaking Dawn but I hate to have an incomplete set. Bothers me quite a bit (it is the OCD kicking in).
I enjoyed the Twilight movie, great music and I loved the baseball game scene.
I would love to go see New Moon but I don't know who I could get to go with me.

Alicia Hunter Pace (aka Jean Hovey and Stephanie Jones) said...

Oh, yeah but it's going to be be next week when things calm down. Why do I always think things are going to calm down?

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

Yeah, Jean - let me know when that slowing down thing works for you. It never does for me.

Playground Monitor said...

Haven't read the books (yeah, Instigator, I still have your copy of Twilight gathering dust on my book shelf) and didn't see the first movie. So I don't reckon I'll go see the second one either.

Happy birthday, Zilla!

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

That's where it went, PM. I knew I'd lent it to someone but couldn't remember who. :-) Wasn't worried about it though. I knew it was in good hands wherever it was.

PC, you'll get to go through this again in June when Eclipse comes out. Actually, I'm kinda enjoying torturing you about it now. New Moon, New Moon, New Moon. :-D

Instigator

mslizalou said...

I'm going to see New Moon tonight with a friend. I got her hooked on the books and we saw Twilight together last year and plan on seeing each movie together as they come out.

The Blind Side is really the only other movie I want to see right now. Although I think the preview for Holmes looks really great(comes out Christmas day).

Happy Birthday Birdzilla!

catslady said...

I enjoyed the books. My daughter has the first movie on dvd so as soon as we can get together I'd like to watch it. I'm sure she'll get the second one too lol. I'd rather not watch it at a movie with such a young crowd lol.

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

Catslady, that's why you have to find a movie theater with a 21 and over only section. I LOVE ours! It's upstairs from the regular section, has a bar and amazing leather chairs that rock. I refuse to see a movie any other way now unless I'm taking the girls.

Instigator

Katherine Bone said...

I'm going to see New Moon tomorrow at 8. We've had tickets for 2 months. Yes, 2 months!

I'm half-way through Eclipse, but have just been so busy I haven't been able to get back to it. No worries. #4 let something slip in conversation and so I was bound and determined to find out everything that happened from that moment on. I know the whole story but still want to read it and see the films.

You'll have to let us know how the movie was, ladies! I can't wait to see it tomorrow. ;)