Thursday, November 24, 2005

Food, Family and Football


It didn't take me long to figure out my topic for this blog. It might not be very original but given that today is Thanksgiving I think it's necessary. I'll save the wit for next week :-)

This day marks the beginning of the holiday season (I don't care what Wal-mart says! The day after Halloween does not!). And I think it's rather appropriate that before we start the holiday parties, christmas school programs, baking frenzy and shopping spree (and no, Kimberly and Danniele I do not want to hear that you're already finished!) we take time out to appreciate the things we have in our lives - the things we usually end up taking for granted during the head-long rush to the end of the year.

Certainly we all have problems in our lives but they're nothing compared to the blessings we share. We have families and friends who love and support us, healthy children, granchildren on the way, and a dream no one can take from us.

I'm sure the other children will join me in saying




What are you thankful for?
Instigator

3 comments:

Playground Monitor said...

Y'all already know that I'm thankful for you guys.

I'm also thankful that my family is healthy and happy. I had both my boys home today, one with his new wife, and we had such fun sitting around the table talking. Next year this time we'll have a new grandbaby and that will be something extra to be thankful for.

Hope everyone's had a great day. I'm stuffed and so is my fridge. I shouldn't have to cook again til Monday. **gg**

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

My diet was blown, got to spend time with all of my family, and found out I'm going to be an aunt again next July. This has been a fantastic day! Now, I've gotta get ready to brave Wal-mart tomorrow. I hate that store but in Decatur I don't have much choice. The things we do for our kids.

Hope you all had a great day!

Instigator

Problem Child said...

I'm as stuffed as my turkey.

I'm thankful my child finally fell asleep...way too wired today.