Monday, March 07, 2011

MOANday: Superheroes

I read a LOT of paranormal romance – I think because the heroes are dark and mysterious, often wounded creatures who lash out at those around them until the one person they can connect with comes along to turn everything around. This month I thought I’d celebrate MOANday with some of the hottie superheroes on the big screen.

Photobucket

Chris Evans as Johnny Storm (Fantastic 4)

Photobucket

David Lyons as Vince Farraday (The Cape)

Photobucket

George Clooney as Batman

Photobucket

Wesley Snipes as Blade

Photobucket

Milo Ventimiglia as Peter Petrelli (Heroes)

Photobucket

James Marsden as Scott Summers, Cyclops (X-men)

Photobucket

Hugh Jackman as Wolverine (X-men, Wolverine)

And this guy isn’t from a movie, but he’d make great inspiration for a paranormal hero, don’t you think?

Photobucket

So who’s your favorite Big Screen Superhero?

Angel

P.S. I'd like to say a big Happy Birthday to my beautiful Drama Queen! You've made my life exciting and sweet in our 11 years together!

9 comments:

Playground Monitor said...

Who's my favorite big screen superhero?

Faster than a speeding bullet.
More powerful than a locomotive.
Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.

Look! Up in the sky!
It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Superman!

Yes, it's Superman - strange visitor from another planet who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Superman - who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel with his bare hands, and who, disguised as Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter for a great metropolitan newspaper, fights the never ending battle for Truth, Justice and the American Way.


That's who. :-)

alinaduffer said...

Good Morning! First I wanna say Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Now on to the super heros. I don't think I can pick just one, it's too hard! I love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, Michael Keeton as Batman, Chris O'Donnell as Robin, Christoper Reeves as Superman, Ryan Reynolds as The Green Lantern and I know there are more that I just cant think of right now.

Have a great day!!

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

Happy birthday DQ!

I love superheroes. RDJ as Iron Man is nice. Love the man variety in Xmen. Something for everyone. :)

Playground Monitor said...

Silly me. I was so busy finding that opening to the old Superman series I forgot to wish DQ a happy birthday.

P.S. I rather like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine too. Superman can bend steel with his bare hands. Wolverine can slice and dice onions.

Julie Miller said...

Michael Chiklis as Ben Grimm (The Thing) is my favorite member of THE FANTASTIC FOUR. What can I say? I've always had a major thing for the Beauty & the Beast fantasy. Plus, there's just something about those loyal to the bone tough guys that always get to me.

And I knew from the first shot of Hugh Jackman's backside in the fight cage of the first X-Men movie, that I was going to be a huge fan of Wolverine. And he hasn't disappointed me since. He's a hottie!

Julie Miller

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

Oooh, who's the angel? He'd be perfect in one of my angel stories...as long as I could dirty his wings up a bit.

Instigator

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

P.S. Give DQ a big birthday hug from all of us!

Angel said...

Thanks, ladies! We're heading out for a birthday dinner tonight with the family and, the best part, opening pressies!!! :)

Ooohh, lovely suggestions here. There's just something over the top strong about superheroes, and I think one of the things I love about them is that it is usually balanced with some form of pain or humiliation in their backstory. It makes them more human and ripe for the love of a good woman. :)

Instigator, he's just a pic I found on the web, so dirty away!!!

Angel

Problem Child said...

I am "meh" on superheroes. They're often pretty, but they don't really rev my engine beyond that.

That said -- some of these guys in non-superhero roles HAVE revved my engine...

Happy Birthday DQ!