Friday, July 09, 2010

Free Book Friday - Scottish Edition

Welcome to All Things Scottish. Our slogan is: If it's not Scottish, it's CRAP! - Mike Myers, SNL

I was flipping through my scrapbooks this past weekend, reminiscing over the Playfriend's trip to Scotland. Hard to believe, but its been 3 years since we went over there. Crazy how time flies. Anyway, I noticed I also had a couple books with Scottish heroes on my shelf, so I thought it would be an appropriate theme for this month's Free Book Friday!



If You Dare by Kresley Cole

Can he exact revenge?

High in the Pyrenees, a band of mercenaries led by Courtland MacCarrick wages war for General Reynaldo Pascal. When Court turns on the evil general, Pascal orders him killed but Court narrowly escapes and exacts revenge by kidnapping Pascal's exquisite Castilian fiancée.


Can she deny her passions?

Lady Annalía Tristán Llorente despises her towering, barbaric captor almost as much as she does Pascal. Her inexplicable attraction to the Highlander only fuels her fury. But nothing will stop her from returning to Pascal -- for if she doesn't wed him, she signs her brother's death warrant, as well as her own.

Can there be love between them?

From the moment Court discovers that Anna's prim façade masks a fiery, brave lass, his heart's ensnared, and he dares to defy the curse that has shadowed his life -- to walk with death or walk alone. But Pascal vows that he'll hunt the two, never stopping until he's destroyed them both.



Highland Fling by Jennifer LaBrecque
(this one is autographed to me, but wanted to share)


Talk about powerful attraction!

E.R. physician Kate Wexford is used to expecting the unexpected. But even she isn't ready for this... One minute she's visiting her local museum, lusting after a man in a painting--Darach MacTavish, Laird of Glenagan. A man who died at Culloden more than 250 years ago. Then the next thing she knows, she's in the painting with him... in his bed...NAKED!

Laird Darach MacTavish has enough to worry about without being ambushed by beautiful women. Still, he has to admit, he's never met--or enjoyed more--a lass like his Katie. It's too bad she's a little daft. Because Katie's insisting she's been sent back in time to save his life. Ha! Darach would like to see her try--that is, if he decides to let her out of his bed....


I just love a steamy Scottish Historical and visiting Scotland was a really great experience to share with my friends. I can't wait for us to go on another exciting adventure. Where would you love to visit with your friends? Share and maybe we'll steal your idea for our next trip. To enter this month, comment with the phrase "If it's not Scottish, it's crap!"

SP

Coming Soon!
Join us on Monday when guest blogger Kelly Fitzpatrick talks to us about her journey to publication... with more chances to win! :)

P.S. Sherry Werth is PM's winner from Wednesday. Please email her at playgroundmonitor@writingplayground.com to claim your prize.

18 comments:

runner10 said...

I would love a trip to the beach with my friends. Just a place to relax and hang out. I love Destin, FL. Beautiful.
If it's not Scottish, it's crap!

Angel said...

Funny, I can hear that said in the exact accent Myers uses. :)

Ah, Scotland was the best! We definitely have to plan another.

Angel

Stephanie said...

"If it's not Scottish, it's crap."
I just love a towering barbaric captor.

Think I'll check my shelf for one of those right now.

Verification word: poddemit

As in, I just dropped my keys in that mud puddle. Poddemit!

CrystalGB said...

If it's not Scottish, it's crap! I would love to visit Hawaii with my friends.

Playground Monitor said...

I would love to go back to Germany and take #1 son with me so I could show him where we lived when he was born. And once I"m there,it's so easy to travel everywhere else because the trains are great. I still hate I gave up that Scotland trip.

Katherine Bone said...

"I want my baby back, baby back ribs..."

"Get in my belly!"

I would love to journey with friends, especially my DH, to so many places, Scotland being on the top of my list. But I'd like to go back to England and Italy. I'd love to see Australia, Monaco, and the Caribbean too.

Sitting on the beach, sipping Frozen Margaritas with Cap'n Jack and friends: Priceless.

Summer said...

I'd love to visit Italy, Australia or Spain.

If it's not Scottish, it's crap!

catslady said...

If it's not Scottish, it's crap!"
I love reading about Scotts :) expecially in kilts lol.

I would love to visit Punta Conta - we know a couple that have been going there for years and love it. It's all inclusive so one price and everything else is included - especially the margaritas lol.

Cheryl said...

If it's not Scottish, it's crap! And that's the truth.

I want to see Scotland. My clan, the Farquharson clan (that's a mouthful) came from near Balmoral. I want to see that. I think we didn't leave Scotland willingly (LOL). I would also love to see Ireland and Italy.

robertsonreads said...

"If it's not Scottish, it's crap." Sounds good to me. And right now with it being so hot here, thinking about being there, with the cold, wind and rain....HEAVEN.
If I went on a trip with friends, anywhere there is a pool and a tall strawberry daiquiri...
word verification...fritifi...would that be apple or peach?

chey said...

I'd love to go on a winter vacation on some warm beach with my friends.
If it's not Scottish, it's crap!

gigi said...

"If it's not Scottish, it's crap!"
I would love to visit Scotland. After watching Made of Honor it really made me want to go see the Scotland one day.

karenk said...

'if it's not scottish, it's crap'

enjoyed today's posting :)

karenk
kmkuka at yahoo dot com

Laurie G said...

"If it's not Scottish, it's crap!"

Scotts- Sean Connery and Ewan McGregor!!

I love the movie Braveheart with Mel Gibson as William Wallace.

Karen Hawkins has a wonderful series of books set in the Highlands of Scotland.

I would love to visit Edinborough, Scotland. I saw it on one of those Find a new home TV shows. It looked so clean, pretty and it had old world charm! All that history right at your fingertips!!foomboo

Unknown said...

If it's not Scottish, it's crap!

If I could go anywhere I would want to go to Ireland and Scotland. I have always wanted to visit there!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

No need to enter me, ladies. I'm dropping in to say thanks for the e-mail. I've got this posted at Win a Book for you.

Breanne said...

If it's not Scottish, it's crap!

All my friends would like to visit me once I move to Hawaii! They just have to wait until October when my husband gets back from deployment. I for one would like to visit France with my friend that took French in high school with me.

bmweida at yahoo dot com

robynl said...

"If it's not Scottish, it's crap!"

I'd love to go with friends and visit Victoria, B.C. where we could go sea shell picking on the beach, stand on the beach in the Ocean water and watch the ships coming and going. Lovely restaurants there also.