Wednesday, November 25, 2009

November is...



National Novel Writing Month and there are only 5 more days after today. I know lots of you are doing NaNo WriMo too, so please comment and let us know about your progress. I hope all of you win because it's extremely neat to paste in those words and see things come alive with the winner's screen. I know because at 11:45 last night I got this:




So because my brains are totally fried after writing 50205 words in 24 days, I'm posting today about bizarre November holidays. Did you know that...
November 1 is . . . . . Plan Your Epitaph Day
November 2 is . . . . . National Deviled Egg Day
November 3 is . . . . . Sandwich Day and Housewife's Day
November 4 is . . . . . Waiting For The Barbarians Day
November 5 is . . . . . Gunpowder Day
November 6 is . . . . . Saxophone Day and Marooned Without A Compass Day
November 7 is . . . . . National Bittersweet Chocolate With Almonds Day
November 8 is . . . . . Dunce Day
November 9 is . . . . . Chaos Never Dies Day
November 10 is . . . . Forget-Me-Not Day
November 11 is . . . . Air Day
November 12 is . . . . National Pizza With The Works Except Anchovies Day
November 13 is . . . . National Indian Pudding Day
November 14 is . . . . Operation Room Nurse Day
November 15 is . . . . National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day
November 16 is . . . . Button Day
November 17 is . . . . Take A Hike Day
November 18 is . . . . Occult Day
November 19 is . . . . Have A Bad Day Day
November 20 is . . . . Absurdity Day
November 21 is . . . . World Hello Day and False Confessions Day
November 22 is . . . . Start Your Own Country Day
November 23 is . . . . National Cashew Day
November 24 is . . . . Use Even If Seal Is Broken Day
November 25 is . . . . National Parfait Day
November 26 is . . . . Shopping Reminder Day
November 27 is . . . . Pins And Needles Day
November 28 is . . . . Make Your Own Head Day
November 29 is . . . . Square Dance Day
November 30 is . . . . Stay At Home Because You're Well Day


So let's all have a parfait today as we get ready for Thanksgiving.


If you could adopt one of these holidays as your special cause and raise money for it, which would it be? Would you knock on doors to raise cash for Square Dancing? Increase public awareness of forget-me-knots? Organize a 5K race for Gunpowder Day? (Can we say starting pistol?)

6 comments:

Angel said...

How awesome to have reached 50000 words... and early too! Woohoo!

I like the idea of Housewife Day. We don't get nearly enough recognition. And Use Even If Seal is Broken Day just sounds dangerous.

I've bombed at NaNo. Big time. But I have over 20000 more words than I had on November 1st, so I'm going to consider that a good thing. Maybe I can get a whole lot more in the next 5 days.

Angel

Andrea Laurence AKA Smarty Pants said...

Congrats, PM! And ahead of schedule! That's awesome.

I...got distracted. As of today, I've written about 15k. I'm hoping I might hit 20 before the end of the month, but that just depends on the holiday and all.

I think its appropriate that November 15th is clean out the fridge day. You gotta get in there and throw out stuff so you have room for all the Thanksgiving food. And of course, I'm all for Air Day. Air is the most important thing ever.

Problem Child said...

I like Waiting for the Barbarians day. A lot of days feel like that...

And congrats on your NaNo success!!

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

I'll take national cashew day. :-)

Congrats on hitting 50K!! I'm so proud of you.

Instigator

Alicia Hunter Pace (aka Jean Hovey and Stephanie Jones) said...

Start your own country day. I'm going to get right on that as soon as I get time. I've already got the flag, motto, and flower picked out. Next, I'll raise an army and start a war.

I can't wait.

Katherine Bone said...

Wow! Kudos, PM! Way to meet your goal. :D

I'm knee deep in other things so I opted not to do NaNo this year.

I'll take Waiting for the Barbarians Day, please, with a dash of Conan and Thor for good measure.

word verif: brazati
(what they call the bra police)