Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Little Inspiration

I've always been a visual person. Before I started writing (and not nearly as often since then), I scrapbooked. I don't consider myself a visual artist. Mostly I scraplift (which means to take another idea and put your own spin on it). After I started writing, I spent part of my plotting time finding pictures of heroes, heroines, places. I even created my own version of collages to inspire me as I work.

Now I can't start writing without pictures. Sometimes they aren't exact. Sometimes I change eye colors or add tattoos. But I must have that starting image, because after that the story unfolds like a movie in my mind.



And who couldn't write with such inspiration?

Are you a visual person? Or do you prefer audio? Don't even get me started on my iTunes collection!

Angel

2 comments:

Kira Sinclair - AKA Instigator said...

I'm not usually visual, but since I've discovered Pinterst that's changing. I now have pictures for everything. And when I get stuck in my writing that's usually the first place I go for inspiration to jumpstart my muse.

Insti

Angel said...

Ah, Pinterest. After your presentation, I'm seriously considering it, but I have a few other things on my list first. :)