- Wearing nice clothes every day.I spend most days in sweats, so the opportunity to actually look good is one I actually look forward to. I know, folks who have to get dressed every day won’t see this as a plus, but I love it. Possibly because it is only for a few days.I can go back to my normal schlumpy self after.
- Putting names with faces. I “know” a lot of people on line. Folks who read our blog, other Harlequin authors, other bloggers, etc. Meeting them face-to-face is something I’m really looking forward to.
- Being Kimberly Lang. Don’t get me wrong – I adore my husband and child. I like being a wife and a mom. But sometimes I want to be me – not AC’s Mom or DG’s wife. No one expects me to cook or clean or find their socks. I need that occasionally. Conference is my time to be me.
- Time with folks I don’t see often. My fabu CP will be at conference, plus there are folks I only see a couple of times a year at different events. It’s like a reunion only without the horrible memories and residual teenage angst.
- Free books. What’s not to love there? And you all should love that too because I’ll be restocking my giveaway shelf.
(Things I’m not looking forward to: trying to fit all my stuff into one suitcase, air travel, lack of sleep, big crowds, and the sore throat/cough I’m guaranteed to get.)
So, if you’re going to Conference, what are you looking forward to? If you’re not going, do you have an event you look forward to every year?